mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
All I want to see is that they change that god forsaken trigger pivot location that has plagued Mac dev guns since the beginning.

Not really a big fan of the lack of modularity we are seeing in new guns with integrated regulators but maybe its for the best.
I agree that MacDev needs to design their triggers better. I was surprised by the meh trigger on the GT. Most people play with ramping enabled now, that's my only guess as to why they thing their triggers are okay for the $1500 price tags.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

MacDev needs to bring back a cocker... Just saying
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
also why would spend over 1200 for electro paint gun. when all you need is one good shot for the kill.
The same reason that every car buyer doesn't buy a Chevy Aveo when all you need is to get from point A to point B.

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #24 (permalink)

I had an 05 Borg. The trigger pivot/ geometry was garbage but the HPR/LPR's were excellent and the gun really performed well.

It looks like the trigger geometry has been improved and I don't see a bolt pin in that silhouette photo. Could be good... I'd shoot an RX gladly but I can't buy any more markers :-(
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

It isn't even complicated. Raise the pivot 1/4 of an inch. Problem solved.

If you want a good trigger for a mac dev gun though, I Can't reccomend the CP trigger for them enough. It is an amazing trigger, and the top portion of the trigger is basically elimnated by the shape of the trigger, so it brings your fingers down to the actually active portion of the trigger, it rules.

Its for the droid, so on the 07 and earlier borgs you just need to shave down the top part of it a little bit with a file or a belt sander or whatever you have until it is fitting the way you like.

WELL worth it. Zero side to side play because of the CP mounting setup. I'm just tooting this thing so much because I had an 07 borg that I couldn't stand and the CP trigger totally fixed it.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I put a Violent Trigger on all My MDs...Been running that trigger since the Droid. The "not so hot" stock MD trigger does not bother me because I always just put a Violent Trigger on it anyway.

Its been really nice to get to use the same trigger for years, despite having different guns.

I dont know why MD really bothers with making there own triggers...they should sell them with the Violent Triggers already in them.

My Clone GT has really been amazing. It feels great in the hands and the looks of the new Borg it shares the exact same grip, asa and reg spacing which is great news.

The MD gang has said they have been working on this gun since 2010. I am sure It will not disappoint. Hell it will likely shoot just a good as the new Ego Lv1 even if they left the 07 Borg internals in it! I could never tune my RX to be as smooth as my 06/07 Borgs for some reason.

Borg Invasion is headed this way. Resistance is Futile!
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
woowwwww

This thing is going to be awesome.
NDomipolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I concur with everyone else that MacDev needs to step up their trigger game. That was the only upgrade mine needed out of the box, stock has to much side to side play/slop. Only other upgrade I would consider for my Clone would be the VX drivetrain/engine but even that is not necessary. Hope this Cyborg can repeat the success of previous 'borgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Barned

No wonder I was turned off by macdev. I held a drone DX once but couldn't figure out what I didn't like. Only now do I realize it was that horrible trigger. I don't know how to put a feel to it, it just felt too thick and snappy. Mike on techpb himself that the trigger wasn't too good.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Sins Erased

See I on the other hand like the Drone DX's trigger. I didn't like the trigger on the 06/07 (can't remember which) Cyborg I had.
Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
TC Paintball
Feedback: MCB +35/-0 AO +3/-0 IOG +10/-0 PBN Old +12/-0 PBN New +41/-0 TechPB +6/-0 ICDO +1/-0
Rage aka LWard is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News