mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #81 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
Dear Tippmann,

I have enjoyed your product. I started with a 98 custom sixteen years ago. I bought everything you put out for the 98 from that time on. I have raved about your product, sold it in the store, and after that closed recommended it to every new player. Even sixteen years later I dream about the times I had with my simple 98. I have since grown and left for other electos and pumps. Then last year a glimer of hope the crossover was born! I wanted to buy one so bad, but alas no auto cocker thread option and the price point was a tad high. This kind of marketing is bs. I expected more from you. I expected better. To lower the marker price by that much in less than a year says one of two things to me. One, your price point was too high to begin with, or two you have no respect for your own design. I feel bad for who ever bought one, knowing the used price is now $280.00 a $150.00 loss in less than a year. I am truly disappointed.

Nuke
A/C threading isn't gonna happen, not with the wide array of A5/X7 threaded barrels. There's no way they would turn their back on their long time loyal base.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #82 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
A/C threading isn't gonna happen, not with the wide array of A5/X7 threaded barrels. There's no way they would turn their back on their long time loyal base.
I said auto-cocker thread option, meaning like what CCI did with the Revolution bodies. I can hope. Loyal base? Tippmann just screwed all their customers who bought one last year by lowering their price so much in less then a year. I know what you mean and your right. They won't leave the a5/x7 thread people hanging.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #83 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
Quote:
I said auto-cocker thread option, meaning like what CCI did with the Revolution bodies. I can hope. Loyal base? Tippmann just screwed all their customers who bought one last year by lowering their price so much in less then a year. I know what you mean and your right. They won't leave the a5/x7 thread people hanging.
They didn't screw anyone, companies drop prices year over year on products, hell look at the tech industry. You see it less in paintball because of the 10 product cycle that's taken grip in the high end market. I'd feel more screwed if I bought a 2013 Ego 3 weeks before they release the next version.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #84 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
349 isn't bad
I wouldn't use electronic mode ever
It's really comfy in my big and ands and arms

Means used for sub 300 now atleast.
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #85 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
They didn't screw anyone, companies drop prices year over year on products, hell look at the tech industry. You see it less in paintball because of the 10 product cycle that's taken grip in the high end market. I'd feel more screwed if I bought a 2013 Ego 3 weeks before they release the next version.
Higher end markers have always been predictable. Everyone knows they will come out with another one next year or two years and yours will drop in value. One of the selling points of Tippmann WAS their valve over time. You know and I know it, their are some companies you can depend on their value staying around the same for a couple of years. Tippmann has become one of those you can't depend on the value staying the same.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #86 (permalink)

It's a piece of sports equipment, not an investment. It was worth what you paid for it, or you wouldn't have bought it.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
349 isn't bad
I wouldn't use electronic mode ever
It's really comfy in my big and ands and arms

Means used for sub 300 now atleast.
If that is the case, why would you not just buy an eNMy?
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
One of the selling points of Tippmann WAS their valve over time.
No way. The supply/demand of the used market for Tippmanns have driven their prices into the toilet. People THINK they hold their value (and that's why they're listed all over Craigslist for hundreds of dollars), but no one's buying them at those prices. If you want to unload an M98 these days, you're looking at sub-$75. An A5 you might get $120ish for. There are just way too many floating around on the used market for the resale value to stay high. Tippmanns depreciate fast.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #89 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest1977 View Post
If that is the case, why would you not just buy an eNMy?
The Enmey rocks.
Tippmann lost me after the X7 Phenom debacle.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #90 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Was at the local shop today and the owner mentioned something along the lines of the breech in the Crossover being a separate piece from the body and that some aftermarket company made a breech using Autococker threads. He didn't recall the name of the company.

Anybody heard anything similar?

Closest thing my Google-Fu can dig up is http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213830

Jay

Best Field in STL

Last edited by JOESPUD27; 03-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News