mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
pfft boring....

Now set this thing up at an actual paintball field so that you can fire and watch the marker fire in real time at players, even better, just set up multiple ones at one field, say one aiming at S2, one aiming at each home and mabey one on each D side and have fun.

Damn, this gives me an idea i would like to try.
pay 10 bucks to control an aimable paintball gun during a paintball game and get 100 shots or maximum of 3 games worth.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
pfft boring....

Now set this thing up at an actual paintball field so that you can fire and watch the marker fire in real time at players, even better, just set up multiple ones at one field, say one aiming at S2, one aiming at each home and mabey one on each D side and have fun.

Damn, this gives me an idea i would like to try.
pay 10 bucks to control an aimable paintball gun during a paintball game and get 100 shots or maximum of 3 games worth.
This is a brilliant idea for making extra money from bystanders at a field. They could sit at a controller on the sideline and fire a stationary marker during normal rec-play games. This would allow you to create revenue from people at the field that normally don't increase your cash flow..such as parents, friends, and even kids under the normal playing age.

Charge X amount per hopper of paint, must be used up in 3 rounds of play. This would add a fun factor for spectators, as well as an added variable for the players. The marker would be neutral, thus available to affect both teams (although the user would be the final decision maker on that)

Wouldn't even need a fancy setup. Any EP marker with an actuator on the trigger..run to an off field switch. User hits the switch, marker fires a ball.

Since the ROF and angle of fire is setup by the field, safety is controlled by the field. Ref's would fill the hopper for each user, and there would be a kill switch for emergencies or anyone who is misusing the setup.

This could get as complex as desired with the introduction of a pivoting platform; or even with a target over the marker, that if hit by an active player disables the stationary rig for the duration of that round.

I like it!

MCB Feedback
JesterTR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News