mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #91 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm slightly happier to own my tipx now. I almost gave up on it due to the minimal options for upgrading. I'm not going for crazy mods, just something to make it uniquely mine.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #92 (permalink)

With a clever setup it would be possible to draw/reload a pistol and drop a mag, then reload the second pistol, then the first pistol and so on and so on with out ever letting go of your pistols or using your hands!. Really having thoughts about selling my T9 now for a TPX. Its a shame this can't be done with a Tibby, I prefer the Tiberius grip to the TPX.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #93 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
i am very pysched by the $25 price point! with the new information given, im definitely in for a couple of these.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #94 (permalink)

Stark is aiming for more than just the TiPX to use the Zetamag; to make it a versatile, platform agnostic magazine. The TiPX however is the ideal starting point. I would think about why capabilities you want to have and what budget you have. The Zeta is a great concept but it won't solve every loadput. I still appreciate the 12gram in mag ability of the T8 even tho I also appreciate the TiPX layout.

There are configurations I would love to see that aren't available, but may someday. If another company were to release a pistol, it would be cool if it would take the Zetamag but knowing the economy of this game, it's unlikely.

It would be cool if a lot of things were to happen, but for now, there already exists a lot of cool stuff.

Last edited by hipboyscott; 05-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.
hipboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #95 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipboyscott
Stark is aiming for more than just the TiPX to use the Zetamag; to make it a versatile, platform agnostic magazine. The TiPX however is the ideal starting point. I would think about why capabilities you want to have and what budget you have. The Zeta is a great concept but it won't solve every loadput. I still appreciate the 12gram in mag ability of the T8 even tho I also appreciate the TiPX layout. There are configurations I would love to see that aren't available, but may someday. If another company were to release a pistol, it would be cool if it would take the Zetamag but knowing the economy of this game, it's unlikely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
Is there any pics or a video of the reloading process? I want to know more about this rod you need to reset the follower.
Just wondering. If you've had your hands on these, could you at least outline the procedure for putting paint in em?

I need to see internal pics, I am getting curiouser and curiouser...
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #96 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
With a clever setup it would be possible to draw/reload a pistol and drop a mag, then reload the second pistol, then the first pistol and so on and so on with out ever letting go of your pistols or using your hands!. Really having thoughts about selling my T9 now for a TPX. Its a shame this can't be done with a Tibby, I prefer the Tiberius grip to the TPX.
You think that's funny, wait til you see me eject a magazine from the pistol in my left hand to the pistol in my right hand while changing co2 at the same time. This is gonna make me feel guilty for playing pistol!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #97 (permalink)
DMS - Echo Team

I placed a quick order with widowmaker last night for 2 mags, they're claiming to ship end of the month and require no payment until they ship. This morning I got an email that they're now offering a 4 pack for $80 and if I'd already ordered to send them a email and they're fix my order if i wanted the new deal. Done!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #98 (permalink)

We'll have some loading videos up soon I believe. Loading is pretty much: retract follower until it clicks using the loading rod (it comes with a specific loading rod which is a perfect fit for the follower and magazine), insert paint into first tube until full. You may optionally depress the detent with one hand to pour paint, but manually thumbing in the balls one at a time will automatically bypass the detent if you push them from the front. The last ball will rest comfortably under the detent under almost no spring load. You can force an 11th ball in, but I would only do that for a mag you are about to load for a 10+1.

Once the first tube is loaded repeat with the other side. Not too different from other paint mags all told
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #99 (permalink)
Post Whore

Incase i missed it. Does this require a new kit or upgrade to the tpx? Or is it all inclusive with the mag?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #100 (permalink)

No mods unless you want to use Shaped Projectiles like the FSR, then you need the appropriate breech block from one of many sources or mod your own.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News