mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #61 (permalink)
camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Gang Green View Post
Thats pretty much exactly what it is...a gryphon with rails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
well...an $80 mil-sim-like tippmann. $80 tippmanns are not new (gryphon).
I dont get this "like Gryphon" stuff..Tippmann has made gas thru grip markers years before the Gryphon..Its not a gryphon with rails ..If anything a Carver One is closer, ever hear of the Triumph? You guys can nitpick an 80.00 marker to death and wonder all your days why it diddnt come with this or that option.Its 80.00 ! These will fly off the shelves as long as dealers can make a profit on them and fields will have them for rental options because kids are gonna want to rent the COOL looking marker.

Ebay, camocow200 (850)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
Shaiq-N-Baiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
I dont get this "like Gryphon" stuff..Tippmann has made gas thru grip markers years before the Gryphon..Its not a gryphon with rails ..If anything a Carver One is closer, ever hear of the Triumph? You guys can nitpick an 80.00 marker to death and wonder all your days why it diddnt come with this or that option.Its 80.00 ! These will fly off the shelves as long as dealers can make a profit on them and fields will have them for rental options because kids are gonna want to rent the COOL looking marker.
Its carver one aesthetics over gryphon guts...but really its the same Power Tube and Bolt we are all use too. $80 is cool if you need a cheap throw away for the weekend. For a few dollars more you could get an 98 and the option to a ton of customizations. As far as rentals are concerned, againt id go with the metal framed 98...
Old 11-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
what are you talking about? i was merely pointing out that an $80 tippmann is not new.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
camocow200

^ sorry, my bad for the quote as i do agree with you..
Its the same dang internals as any other Tipman that uses 98 internals, just with a Gas thru Grip ASA , same as the triumph,prolite and SL68. And nothing new about that idea.

Ebay, camocow200 (850)+
MCB 275 +

Last edited by woouulf; 11-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #65 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I know this is old but I saw one at the field yesterday.

What do you know, a Youngin's Christmas present.

It was really light, almost no weight at all. Perfect for the little ones. The collapsible stock was great for him because he was so small. He was also running a remote and when I asked if he had fun he was more than happy to tell me it was his best Christmas present ever.

Don't knock it for $80, You can get PGP's for cheaper but people don't tear into those.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News