mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-31-2014, 09:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
They are putting a big emphasis on full auto yet most fields do not allow full auto....I am interested in the cqc model, the $300 price tag is a game changer so long as extra mags are affordable. Curious to see reviews on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
I forget who asked on the last page about the efficiency of the heat core....unless something has changed since last year, you can expect to get fewer than 100 shots out of a 13/3k. this is basically the main reason i sold my k3 within months of buying it. the heat core cannot operate once your tank gets down to about 1000 psi, so you're only able to use 2/3 of an already tiny tank, and on top of that the marker starts farting uncontrollably once you hit this level. for me, personally, i needed to be able to shoot more paint than the heat core is capable of shooting off of a 13ci, and i hate remotes.

if somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-100 shots works for you, or if you're fine with a remote, then you will find the heat core efficient enough.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Ill probably end up buying it and using it as a dedicated FSR rifle, so anything over 50 is perfect
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It is amazing to me, his much the M17 announcement has destroyed the value of existing milsig markers
You can pick up a MK3 with 7 mags for $220 shipped today. Last week that would have been over $500... I'm guessing that older milsigs are now completely worthless.

I haven't seen if this has similarly affected Scarab, RAP4, and Tiberius markers, but I'm guessing that the low M17 pricing will eventually hit them too. If I was a milsig ow er with a mk3, and overnight milsig devalued my marker by 50% I'd be furious.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #45 (permalink)

How difficult would it be to install some sort of bottomline adapter? The ads itself should be no problem but I'm concerned about that tank stock adapter.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm sure you could use a gasthru stock and a section of hose.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Any cartoons showing how they get the F/A? Or, is it just like the Tippy SMG's, giant hammer and no auto-catch on the sear/trigger portion?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Any cartoons showing how they get the F/A? Or, is it just like the Tippy SMG's, giant hammer and no auto-catch on the sear/trigger portion?
These things are blowforwards.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
These things are blowforwards.
Crazy long bolt throw? Still doesn't account for how they have selectable F/A. I have a sketch somewhere of a selectable mechanical F/A using a pulse valve or two. First pulve valve controlls the bolt dwell, the second controls the F/A rate.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #50 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I wonder why the $300 version has an ak style mag release versus the m4 release on the others. Would all the versions use the same style mags?

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News