mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
Just wondering does anyone have gun diagrams yet? Would be cool for comparison.
Yeah I'd like to see a shot of block they are using for this. Between the hopper option and not having the screw holding it in the same place as a TipX(most likely both for the same reason), it will be a much different block.

I'm already planning on stripping the stock off mine for a single point sling, maybe with tubular webbing so a remote line can run inside it. Wondering if the rails on the side need to stay on for the CO2 door to work, a few places to dremel here and there for streamlining, and how much "unused space" there is inside of that front section.

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/

Main: Twin TipX
PGP or Enmey, depending on my mood
Grider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #52 (permalink)

I have to say I am excited about this marker. When the TPX came out I was already committed to my T 8's and the TPX did not have enough changes for me to switch. However the additions of the quick change, hopper feed , and extended mag make this is very attractive to me.

I just hope it has a better quality release than the TPX did and it comes out early enough in the season to make it worth getting. If not I may just go with the Milsig.
scout_armorsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #53 (permalink)

I agree. Compact and very versatile.
I've never really been interested in the Milsim nor role playing but this is a consideration. It's on my radar.

Pneucocker Step-by-Step Build
Nanococker
Super PGP
Feedback
Badger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

Remember Scout that was completely new. The only thing that crossed from other Tippmann markers was the DETENT.

This is using the now smoothed out, dependable drivetrain that they put in the phenom, no trouble. Then the crossover, no trouble. That sort of melodrama is very old news.

I think this will be a popular marker.
The one thing that the majority of people who've seen my TiPXs have wanted to do immediately, is turn it into a big honker the size of their other markers.

As for putting a tank on it.....
Not a fan at all. The only reason to have a marker with a 12g changer on it, is to use 12gs. Otherwise it's useless complication and dead weight. A minimalist phenom from Engler or a 98 would work better with a tank.
Why have stuff on your marker for an airsource you'll never use, that can make your marker fail?
I certainly wouldn't allow a c/a adaptor on any of my pistols,

I know I'm one of the only people who looks at things this way and a lot of my best friends use tanks...

EDIT: I wanted to add that looking again at the video of the 12g change and knowing from all the 12ies I've emptied how dependable the pierce part of the TiPX works, I think this will be a surprise when it gets in people's hands. People who've hated 12grams for decades will suddenly find themselves wearing a roningear wristband... This valve works every bit as consistently on 12 grams(for a good number of shots) once it's broken in, as it does on C/A. It looks to me Like the foregrip and rail panels on the co2 doors come off and the rail on top looks like it can be removed. With the stock pulled out it would be no bigger than a zeus after all that, plus being lighter and regulated. I won't switch from my tipxs, but I must have one to chop on...

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 02-28-2014 at 03:52 PM.
agentSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #55 (permalink)

I'm pretty stoked for the new features on the TCR even though I'm not sure I would run one personally as-is.

I did not expect it, but, it's cool and smart I suppose: Leaves room for the rifles to compete for rifle space and further cements Tippmann's machine-pistol domain. But it leaves them having to really play catch-up later if they want to compete with the M17 and Tacamo kits.

I'm also really exited to see Tippmann making our 98 Magwell. We've had that mod in mind for as long as we were working on the ZetaMag itself. It just fits with our philosophy really well and it was cool that Tippmann sees it.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm just glad to see a 12 round mag...although I don't get why they wouldn't just make a 10 rounder that we can use ALL our ten round tubes with :/ Oh well.

Gonna have to save up for some more paintball gear again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #57 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
I'm just glad to see a 12 round mag...although I don't get why they wouldn't just make a 10 rounder that we can use ALL our ten round tubes with :/ Oh well.

In almost any forum discussion ive witnessed regarding what the capacity for extended TPX mags should be, people's opinions always ran the gamut from 10 to 20. I'm in the same camp as you that 10 seems to make the most sense but I think 12 was a reasonable enough compromise to add capacity without turning the mag into a sailboat mast.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #58 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think for those high output shooters, 20 would be pretty awesome. The Zetamags show that its not so bad, but I just dislike how you have to flip those around. I'd still get some probably if I get a hold of a TPX one day. But the 12's would probably where I would throw most of my money at.

A set up with a TPX and a TCR would be pretty fun. 12 grams and mags galore!!
Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post

12 is actually ideal for tube use. You just need capacity to be at least 10.
The worst was when capacity of these guns is 7, 8, or 9, like on the TPX, T8, and Spyder guns.

With a 12-round magazine, you can fill it with a tube and use it like that BUT you can also refill the mag when there are still 1-2 rounds left in it, which, after using my Phantom for several years, I've found is the most likely scenario.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
Post Whore

very good point. you've sold me with that simple idea that 12 is perfect. I suppose if nothing else you can just dump 10 in and not worry about it.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News