mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #71 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
I'm happy to see Tippmann maturing in their mag fed endeavors. I'm also dissappointed at all the unreasonableness. "Why doesn't it have CA on the gun?" There are dozens of others guns out there with CA on the gun. There's a remote nipple if you need it.

Totally digging the slam changer. I hated my blender/TPX, and if the ball breaking problems are over, this is pretty feasible for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #72 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
I'm happy to see Tippmann maturing in their mag fed endeavors. I'm also dissappointed at all the unreasonableness. "Why doesn't it have CA on the gun?" There are dozens of others guns out there with CA on the gun. There's a remote nipple if you need it.

Totally digging the slam changer. I hated my blender/TPX, and if the ball breaking problems are over, this is pretty feasible for the price.
Can you vote in this poll if you haven't already?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #73 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Looks pretty neat, but looks heavy (is it?).

The same thing that disappoints every time on these markers: The stock. Why can they not get into their heads that you cannot sight properly without either having a really high rail (and still have to tit you head d'oh!) or, having a stock that doesn't get in the way of the mask.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post

The same thing that disappoints every time on these markers: The stock. Why can they not get into their heads that you cannot sight properly without either having a really high rail (and still have to tit you head d'oh!) or, having a stock that doesn't get in the way of the mask.
Because that would make sense?

I suppose it may also be because an ergonomically correct marker would look significantly different from its real steel analogues, which would turn off many prospective milsim-minded players.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Because that would make sense?

I suppose it may also be because an ergonomically correct marker would look significantly different from its real steel analogues, which would turn off many prospective milsim-minded players.
Totally agree with this,with the exception of the DAM and the SR1 the ergos for magfed guns don't add up for ADS.The TCR looks better than most thou
Personally I'd prefer function over form myself,really don't care if it looks like real steel.There are plenty of firearms models that would work for ADS better than the M4 ie: G36,Thompsons,Kriss Vectors etc
It's funny to me that when I started playing the industry tried to keep paintball seperate from real firearms,since airsoft has become popular it's swung the opposite direction
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
MCB Member

When I heard about this gun, I SOOOO hoped it was going to be a vector look-alike. I feel like that gun is just made for being a pb replica. Especially with a big Zetamag on it, so cool!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post

I agree. I love using a stock, but hate not being able to sight properly. i know its not always necessary in paintball, but it is more instinctive.

I had hopes of picking up a AR-15 hammerhead grip for my M17 to drop the stock lower, but they can't sell to canadians

Really miss my old T-stock for my 98 custom, didnt look "realistic" but felt great
Bouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #78 (permalink)
is reloading

Meh whatever, Tippman lost my business after about the 3-4th fail. Played the mag fed game and didn't like it. Happy playing the way I play.

palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
I agree. I love using a stock, but hate not being able to sight properly. i know its not always necessary in paintball, but it is more instinctive.

This is my only gripe.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Don't get me wrong, I love stocks. They make markers look fab, give support, but it's the ADS that suffers with the mask :-( I so WANT to love a stock that's cheek level.

I'll have to find a paintball shop (other than the Dicks!) in the Tri-state area that has these in stock :-)

p.s. Punisher... I promise to finish my SP-1 Mag fed soon lol.

EDIT: Just looked at ANSGear and it says early September :-(

Last edited by Scougar; 03-25-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News