mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #101 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

THat was so badass that it didn't warrant any further comment.

E
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #102 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
Or on the other "hand" like was already mentioned starting a chainsaw?/?
That will be handy to cut you up into little bitty pieces after they shoot you.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #103 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
The most unfortunate are the folks that make pretty good prey (elderly especially) who may want to protect themselves but can't/won't do so in a manner that would be the safest to them. Hell, there are a lot of folks that don't even lock their damn doors at night!?!?!?!?!? Seriously! You are elderly and you don't lock your damn doors!?!?!E

Many of them grew up when you didn't have to. How many 50/60/70/80+ year old habits do you have that you have successfully changed?

That said, I can't fall asleep if I haven't checked all the doors. We live in a nice area and all that, but my kids are on the other side of the house from me.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #104 (permalink)

Wow the evolution of the thread. This started from a store's bad display practices which may lead to the likely misuse of a product to hurt someone and the sport. Now it's a debate on the ethical (almost religious) aspects of what justifies deadly force...

My 2 cents:

I use rubber rounds to control wasp nest and other pest around the hose. Those rounds never get pointed at a person, nor do they leave the house. They are not really the same as LTL but they are not paintballs either and I have found a use for them. I would like to see any "Less than lethal defense rounds" sold in the same manner and care as real handgun ammunition (since shotgun amo is a bit to relaxed IMHO). I realize that that is an unlikely expectation as is the hope that stupid people will not misuse these LTL rounds. If you choose to use these LTL rounds good luck and please use it for its intended use.
I'm retired military, a CCH permit holder and a firm believer in the 2nd amendment. I hope and pray that I'll never have to shoot anyone in self defense or the defense of my family. However if you break into my house while I'm home: 1. I will not ask what your intentions are. 2. LTL rounds will not be in my 1911. 3. If I shoot or not depends on the situation that intruder chose to put me in.

Again just my 2 cents on a thread I will not read or comment on again.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #105 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilhead View Post
Best solution for home defense is to rack a 12 guage or start a chainsaw.
Nobody is hanging out in a house with a live chainsaw. Mostly becuase.... who has a chainsaw in the house?
I have never thought of this. I can just picture some thug wanna be in my house unplugging my Xbox and hearing it start up.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #106 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

[QUOTE=SOGAmember666;2973939]I have never thought of this. I can just picture some thug wanna be in my house unplugging my Xbox and hearing it start up.

[/QUOTE
it seems to me you would be beyond wannabe and be livin the thug life if you're pulling B&Es with occupants home. We have thugs and people who dress like that for fashion. thugs rob you of your valuables. wannabes rob you of hope for that generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
It was a simple question....I thought.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #107 (permalink)
Dune reference here

Who among you wouldn't play outlaw-ball with friends with pepperballs.
We'd fire no junk, shed no tears
Now I have a broken eliminator on Halifax pier, the last of USI's privateers
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
Who among you wouldn't play outlaw-ball with friends with pepperballs.
I wouldn't want to. But then again, I'm weird and prefer to have myself and my friends be able to breathe unimpeded and not risk someone losing a mask in the middle of a game. Having my friend lose an eye because i wanted to "up the stakes" would for some odd reason make me feel awful.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #109 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
I wouldn't want to. But then again, I'm weird and prefer to have myself and my friends be able to breathe unimpeded and not risk someone losing a mask in the middle of a game. Having my friend lose an eye because i wanted to "up the stakes" would for some odd reason make me feel awful.
Thats cute but the risk of losing an eye would be no greater than the risk in a normal game. I don't know why you are fighting so hard for this . Id play with a group of people I knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
It was a simple question....I thought.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
Thats cute but the risk of losing an eye would be no greater than the risk in a normal game. I don't know why you are fighting so hard for this . Id play with a group of people I knew.

Yeah, someone gets hit with one of these they won't instinctively take off their mask, you're right, I've been foolish. Thank you for showing me how much of an idiot I've been.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News