mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #221 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well I just ordered one of these, so I thought I would chime in on my decision. I got into paintball back in the day where there were three types of markers in the "serious" field. Mags, cockers, and high end electros, like angels or shockers. Whenever a new electro came out, it was a HUGE deal. I got out of paintball about 6 months after the emag was released. I got back into it a few years ago playing pump. I got a nice phantom, and have had a blast with it. I wanted to buy a semi, and I was blow away by the fact that the true, original style cockers were no longer around. I had an angel lcd for a while, and loved it, but I really liked mech markers and not having to worry about all the elector stuff, and for me, I shot a ton less with a cocker or similar gun than with an electro, so I could play more often. Before that, I had a micro cocker, and it was fantastic. There was nothing that shot quite the same as a well tuned cocker. I seriously debated between a shocktech, a freeflow, and an angle when I made my decision for my last high end marker. Things were going electro, and angels were the end all of end alls, so I went with the angel. I just found the SFL 09 after almost buying a new RT ULE mag. I knew I wanted a mech over one of the new run of the mill (but still very well performing) electros. For me, it wasn't just about having a marker that will feel great and perform well, which it will. It was about connecting with my good old paintball days, when some of the best teams in the world were using cockers, and custom cockers were left and right every saturday. For 700, I probably could have gotten a faster fire rate, or some more high tech gear, but my decision was so much more than just performance. It was about having a timeless piece of paintball history that is one of the most unique markers ever made, and to get it NEW just made it that much better. To top it all off, it is a remake of one of the high end markers I had always wanted. One final not about the price. 700 doesnt seem like that much to someone like me who was used to seeing 1200-1400 high end cockers. This is a steal for someone like me, and I really do fit the niche that this gun is marketed towards. I can't wait to get her in the mail, and am looking forward to breaking her out for a big scenario game next month, and continuing to use her for many years to come. 700 isn't that much if you keep the gun for 10 years and love every second of it.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:14 AM   #222 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcem View Post
Well I just ordered one of these, so I thought I would chime in on my decision. I got into paintball back in the day where there were three types of markers in the "serious" field. Mags, cockers, and high end electros, like angels or shockers. Whenever a new electro came out, it was a HUGE deal. I got out of paintball about 6 months after the emag was released. I got back into it a few years ago playing pump. I got a nice phantom, and have had a blast with it. I wanted to buy a semi, and I was blow away by the fact that the true, original style cockers were no longer around. I had an angel lcd for a while, and loved it, but I really liked mech markers and not having to worry about all the elector stuff, and for me, I shot a ton less with a cocker or similar gun than with an electro, so I could play more often. Before that, I had a micro cocker, and it was fantastic. There was nothing that shot quite the same as a well tuned cocker. I seriously debated between a shocktech, a freeflow, and an angle when I made my decision for my last high end marker. Things were going electro, and angels were the end all of end alls, so I went with the angel. I just found the SFL 09 after almost buying a new RT ULE mag. I knew I wanted a mech over one of the new run of the mill (but still very well performing) electros. For me, it wasn't just about having a marker that will feel great and perform well, which it will. It was about connecting with my good old paintball days, when some of the best teams in the world were using cockers, and custom cockers were left and right every saturday. For 700, I probably could have gotten a faster fire rate, or some more high tech gear, but my decision was so much more than just performance. It was about having a timeless piece of paintball history that is one of the most unique markers ever made, and to get it NEW just made it that much better. To top it all off, it is a remake of one of the high end markers I had always wanted. One final not about the price. 700 doesnt seem like that much to someone like me who was used to seeing 1200-1400 high end cockers. This is a steal for someone like me, and I really do fit the niche that this gun is marketed towards. I can't wait to get her in the mail, and am looking forward to breaking her out for a big scenario game next month, and continuing to use her for many years to come. 700 isn't that much if you keep the gun for 10 years and love every second of it.
Pretty much how I feel about my Palmers'. I had troubles with them at first but now they're fixed. And I feel I'll never part with my Blazer & Pyre. And now that I've used them for some time, the price tag doesn't really seem that high.

Anyways, post some pics or a review when you get it! It's a nice looking cocker for sure
Old 12-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #223 (permalink)

This would be make an amazing OC pump gun!

$700 though is wayyyy too much.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #224 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
$700 though is wayyyy too much.
nope.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #225 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogged_Gurl View Post
nope.
Yea just look at what some of us will spend on custom Carters!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Yea just look at what some of us will spend on custom Carters!!!
Hahaha. True.

I guess $700 isn't that bad.

I love the Buzzard or for that matter anything Carter makes, but I'd rather invest the monies on this guy, which with that said would make $700 doable.

Still not in the budget though, good point.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #227 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Weltalot View Post
Lots of people have forgotten how nice Mech cockers can be...
Thats the only cocker I use. I have a 99 sfl and its the best... only thing I wish I had was a clamping feed neck.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #228 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
*ding*ding*ding* We have a winner.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #229 (permalink)
Autocannibal

Holy ****....winrar and how.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #230 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGrandke View Post
Thats the only cocker I use. I have a 99 sfl and its the best... only thing I wish I had was a clamping feed neck.
Way to revive a 2yr old thread lol....

I want one too
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News