mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Sorry that I cannot make it more clear. I DO get it, just commenting about one part of this situation, not the safety of these fake regs. Just the way that people over react and say things are gonna explode. Think about this, how much pressure do you think guns are tested to? And when you pressurize a gun higher than the normal orperating pressure, o-rings and seals will go before the metal does. I have personally seen amny guns feed 2200psi straight into them and not fail, not saying that they wont, but it just doesnt happen as often as people think it would.

The fake regs are unsafe, I am not disagreeing with that one bit. Just the way people talk about things like that, they talk like the thing is gonna fail and take your head off, and that just isntl ikely at all, again it is always possible to an extent, but not the way people say it will happen. How many severe injuries have happened due to unsafe tanks or regs? 1 person died due to a wrongly installed Co2 valve, and an inexperienced player unscrewing the tank. Other minor injuries have occured, but not life threatening other than the instance I mentioned, mixing oil and a flash fill in a 4500 psi tank. And truth be told, that has only occured because the standards for filling tanks have not been followed since boosters stopped being used and straight fills are slammed into tanks, allowing the heat to build, I have personaly seen tanks get over 135 degrees and more in the fill lines at a major tourney. Flow restrictors (of some fashion) should be used, but no one is gonna slow that process down now.
the pressure makes the oil ignite, NOT the heat. so it would be any fill.

my wife's car is faster than mine...
keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen View Post
the pressure makes the oil ignite, NOT the heat. so it would be any fill.
You still need heat, pressure and a combustible will not just combust on its own. You need all three items for combustion. Before we knew better we used to put oil in the fill nipple all the time, but at that time we were using a Genesis booster and the fill was slow and not making a tank hot. When the first tank ignited and critically failed, it was using a push button fill station that slams the air into the tank and creates heat and pressure at the same time, so it ignited what oil was in the tank. When the push button slam fills started becoming the norm, we measured the temp of tanks coming off the fill stations, many were above 130 degrees and couldnt be handled with bare hands very well.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Heat might play a factor, but the more oxygen there is the lower the ignition point. So the amount of heat needed is much lower in a 45k psi environment than in atmosphere.

Watching the rain--and waiting for Heaven.

CyberNations
Duzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Paint capsul wars!

the real ones are nice... i have 2 but the fake regs... i have filled 2 tanks that have ruptured on me because on the ****y burst disks... be careful when buying a myth..

Build it, Boost it, Break it. Repeat.
Tanner@scp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Did anybody else look at the company's other products? They sell a Tippmann A5 "Flatline" that is just a large, anodized cylinder. It doesn't even have a barrel in it. I want one so I can shoot my 200 caliber paintballs It is listed under shrouds but it is described as the actual barrel.
When asked why I play pump, I say.
"Im not allowed to carry a semi anymore as a condition of my parole and I really dont want to go back to prison."

SAVE A ROCK. THROW AN EGO.
Pa!ntba!!er2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post

The "Fake" Myth regs are not gonna "Blow" up, they may fail, but not catostrophicly.
you missed the droid thread on pbn where the gun reg exploded because the tank output more pressure than it was supposed to. there were pictures of the actual exploded foregrip. guess what tank reg was on the setup?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you missed the droid thread on pbn where the gun reg exploded because the tank output more pressure than it was supposed to. there were pictures of the actual exploded foregrip. guess what tank reg was on the setup?
How did you even dig this one up?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

wtf? **** sorry. i must've clicked the quote on someone's sig.

if i delete what i posted would the thread necro back down?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

It's all good, just thought it was funny.

The whole Myth incidents are why I went Ninja though.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News