mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Palmer Pursuit Shop (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/palmer-pursuit-shop/)
-   -   Grendel's Pyre PY008 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/palmer-pursuit-shop/31302-grendels-pyre-py008.html)

Grendel 01-29-2008 05:58 PM

Grendel's Pyre PY008

Okay I finally picked up my Pyre Pump #PY 008. I should have had it this last thursday but it got shipped to my old address. UPS did what they were asked to do but there was a communication disconnect between me and Palmers Pursuit. Jessica at Palmers was very helpful getting this package held at the customer center so I could pick it up this afternoon. This error was just as much if not mostly my fault and Palmers stepped up and got me my gun :D thanks Jessica.

This gun was packaged very well and is in pristine condition. I almost hate to use it....not really :tongue:. The Pyre came with full documentation, plenty of Palmer Swag, a barrel condom, tools and oil.

I have fully inspected and I can not find a blemish. I have only dry fired it a couple of times and the stroke and trigger pull feels real nice. I will not be actually firing this until I can get it to a chrono. I want to see litterly how good is it tuned out of the box and I will be following this up with a full review.

This gun will get it's first baptism in fire at:
MXS Blanding - Siege of StormWynd Feb 16/17
if you want a chance to check this out look me up there :D

thumper 01-29-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendel (Post 302104)
Okay I..up there

cool beans gman -- did I mention u suc?

Grendel 01-29-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 302114)
cool beans gman -- did I mention u suc?

Yes, a time or two :rolleyes: Now do you have plenty of CO2 and the Chrono ready so we can do some testing? ;) Thursday after PORK CHOPS?

Brewtt 01-29-2008 06:51 PM

Awesome! A right feed!

This one deserves it's own thread. ;) And I added a link in the Pyre Serial Number List thread.

Grendel 01-29-2008 08:24 PM

HurtCow 01-29-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendel (Post 302104)
Jessica at Palmers was very helpful...

Plus she's totally hot. :drool:

Mar 01-29-2008 09:15 PM

Grendel:

I just got back from the local indoor field. It was a BYOP night, and I brought out the Pyre. Of course I was the only guy there with a pump, lots of Shockers and IONs and what-not.... Man, thee Pyre was flawless...what a great marker... Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurtCow (Post 302223)
Plus she's totally hot. :drool:

edit: not thread, just above post... :useless:

Drum 01-29-2008 09:28 PM

You guys mean to call her "Queen Jessica", right?

If she finds out that you're disrespecting her, she can and will do some very interesting things with your package.

Careful boys.

Nice Pyre, btw.

D

ljpiller 01-30-2008 02:01 AM

Nice! What length barrel is that?

I think that's about exactly how I would order mine.

Grendel 01-30-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljpiller (Post 302589)
Nice! What length barrel is that?

I think that's about exactly how I would order mine.

I ordered an RF Oak everything stock except the 45 grip frame. The barrel is 10" unvented with Wedgits. It appears to be standard not deep Wedgits since some .679ish paint I have would roll out with a slight shake.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I'm really looking forward to getting some air on her and run her through her paces. First there will be the Chrono/Shooting range testing in out of the box form [hopefully this Thursday afternoon] with appropriate reporting of results. Then I'll spend some time getting her configured for me and my playing style for use in a big scenario at Camp Blanding. I plan on getting her in the hands of some friends and teammates too and get their impressions. Then I'll write up another review. This is the first time I've ever bought a paintgun site unseen or one I had not at least tried out before the purchase.