mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   What's for breakfast? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/149769-whats-breakfast.html)

StealingYerMail 02-05-2011 11:09 AM

What's for breakfast?

This is a cool thread idea on another site I frequent.

Today I had a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and wheat germ on it and three hard-boiled eggs. And some black coffee to wash it down.

So, what is for breakfast?

idkfa 02-05-2011 03:44 PM

I pretty much alternate between five:

- oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar and skim milk on top, some fruit on the side*
- two pieces of toast, one with jam, the other with some margarine and cheese, fruit on the side
- instant oatmeal with a banana mixed in, topped with fruit, berries and nuts
- cereal of some sort, topped with fruit
- two pieces of toast with poached eggs on top, sprinkled with paprika, sometimes with a bit of cheese*

*usually only on weekends due to the time involved.

I usually have 'black' coffee (I put in a sprinkle of milk to make it a slightly lighter shade of black) or orange juice, and always a couple glasses of water. Since I am getting up at 5am for my commute now, I usually hold off on the coffee until I get to work just to make getting ready quicker.

Falcon16 02-05-2011 04:16 PM

a breakfast bagel I put a fried egg, some crispy bacon and some good sharp cheddar on a toasted everything bagel.

Otherwise usually some tea or coffee (instant if REALLY pressed for time) and a toasted bagel with butter.

PhileyOFish 02-05-2011 11:42 PM

Nutella on bread with OJ or Choco milk

StealingYerMail 02-06-2011 11:41 AM

I had this really awesome multigrain hot cereal today. I found it in my garage last night, it looked like oatmeal but was crunchier/nuttier and a bit leaner. ****ing delicious with some wheat germ and cinnamon. Add some cottage cheese and cinnamon on the side and that's breakfast.

Titus 02-06-2011 11:46 AM

OJ with an egg. Good to go.

ehos 02-06-2011 12:30 PM

Cocoa Puffs

StealingYerMail 02-07-2011 06:26 PM

Tomorrow morning I'm doing a vegetarian omelet. I was going to do four or five eggs with diced onions, sweet peppers, jalepeno peppers, mushrooms, spinach and rapini. Anything else I should add? I'm not a cheese guy. I was going to put the jalepenos, onions and shrooms in the eggs while they cooked and use the rest as filler. Seems like it's lacking something though.

Orpackrat 02-07-2011 06:40 PM

Orange Julius:

Small scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream

1 whole navel orange

1 whole Frozen navel orange

1/2 cup coconut milk

Blend till creamy

Drink.

Uticus 02-07-2011 08:57 PM

typically
1 full egg 2 eggwhites, either scrambled or hard boiled
fruit (apple, grapes, or 1/2 banana)
1 slice whole wheat toast
1 cup cranberry juice (unsweetened approx 30 calories per cup)