mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
TomCross

For the few of you with Iphones

Free iPhone Calorie Counter, iPhone Calorie Tracker | MyFitnessPal.com
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have this and its pretty nice when i use it. Too lazy lately to input data lol
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
TomCross

I've been using it the past 2 days, my wife got me hooked on it. She's trying to lose weight and i'm trying to maintain my weight. I've found out that I don't eat nearly enough. I need 2550 calories each day due to my active lifestyle. I've only been eating 1100.

I've learned a great deal about food using this app. Yesterday I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (300 calories) and was hungry after I ate it, so i'm finding other foods that offer much more food for the same amount of calories and they end up being healthier foods. So the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

Another example, I was getting my car washed and they have complimentary fountain drinks. I had 4 cups of brisk raspberry iced tea which was roughly 400 calories and the sugar made me tired after, now that i know that i tend to stay away from those drinks.

I'm beginning to see the benefit of eating healthy and watching calorie intake, as long as you dont cheat yourself with it and have much self control it'll work for you and it's nothing to poo-ha-ha.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
I've learned a great deal about food using this app. Yesterday I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (300 calories) and was hungry after I ate it, so i'm finding other foods that offer much more food for the same amount of calories and they end up being healthier foods. So the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
Isn't it awesome? I was taught the mantra, "eat to workout, don't workout to eat." The best part about eating healthy is you can eat tons and tons of food because there aren't any bull **** calories.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
TomCross

When you don't eat bull**** calories you're not as hungry also. It's so plain and simple.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Keep yer pump hand strong

Loving this app, thanks TomCross!
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in