mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #1371 (permalink)
Ballin'

I've been playing both WT (planes) and WoT for a while now and WT ground forces is pretty cool. The big test will be maintaining balance as they add more tanks and as more people play. The balance of WT planes is questionable at best when they do updates, and it doesn't always get fixed. WoT seems pretty well balanced so long as MM doesn't screw you.

Planes and tanks together may sound fun at first, but bombs/rockets/high level bombing will be a (mostly) unseen 1-shot. You better hope the guys flying on your team can maintain air superiority or it'll get frustrating fast. The realism is great for WT vs WoWP; but we'll see how it plays out on the ground.
Jmorell818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #1372 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I hope WT doesnt artificially balance tanks. Shermans should be purple heart boxes but you should get more of them to spawn when compared to tigers, because thats how WWII worked. The shermy was a flammable piece of **** but we had a million of the damn things.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #1373 (permalink)
Ballin'

Agreed, I wouldn't want anything artificial but I doubt they'll do a lot of number (of tanks) balancing. In planes it was more of a tier and flight model issue when they collapsed down to 5 tiers. We'll also have to see how the crew training in ground forces plays out. I'm just hoping the realistic tank battles work out well.
Jmorell818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #1374 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
I hope WT doesnt artificially balance tanks. Shermans should be purple heart boxes but you should get more of them to spawn when compared to tigers, because thats how WWII worked. The shermy was a flammable piece of **** but we had a million of the damn things.
Sherman would be roughly equal to Panzer IV and T-34. (We could debate fine points, but all things considered, it's anyone's contest.) Sherman tends to get the most bad press because our government generally didn't have a habit of shooting folks that complained about flawed equipment.

The advantage a Sherman or T-34 would have over a Tiger or other heavy tanks is close range mobility. It was boasted by a German engineer that a Tiger could rotate its turret a full 360* in just under a minute.... If a skilled Sherman crew (like Lafayette Pool's crew) could get close to a Tiger or Panther and keep moving, the German tanks couldn't turn around fast enough to keep their guns on target.

In most cases, when a Tiger or Panther destroyed a half dozen Shermans before getting knocked out by artillery or airstrikes, the German tank was firing from long range in a defensive position. At range they could dominate, but in close quarters, the Germans were often more vulnerable than they seemed.
/rant

All that to say: I hope WT does an accurate job with the traverse rates and acceleration speeds of different tanks, so that vehicles that needed to move fast to get kills can do so effectively, (and it seems like they will.)
Old 05-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #1375 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

If they are more accurate to the times I might pick up WT... I have almost 200 tanks with WOT though so I might send something to them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #1376 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

well, my computer is back online for the time being.
Amazingly, WoT has been fixed in my downtime: I haven't CTD'd once, and can play with a stable fps/ping rate.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #1377 (permalink)
Oldbie

Putting the special in special weekend.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #1378 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

... Wtf?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #1379 (permalink)

Ouch. I've had some special teams this weekend, but none that bad. I'd blame Usavich. They're probably the culprits there.

Hey, at least you're rocking a premium account and aren't losing credits. I'm stoked I can grind my upper tiers and actually make some credits this weekend.
(standard account user here)
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #1380 (permalink)
Oldbie

Yeah the free prem is nice, so is all the extra xp, I researched so much today. Chi Ri went from stock to maxed in just a few hours.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in