mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 AM   #1441 (permalink)

I'm in the upper left side, Astoria region. Went to the spring Supergame last year and had a good time. Didn't make the earlier one this year and I don't think I'll be able to make this next one. Would really like to, but the family needs me more than paintball needs me atm. Heck, even me starting battles in WOT when other family are awake gets me in hot water.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #1442 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

so I think I'm going to go over to the dark side and get a 360 soon. I'm told the quality of players on the 360 WoT servers is much lower, which might be a good thing
My reasoning is that my PC is getting old (and ridiculously slow,) and updating or replacing it would cost more than just buying a decent console.

The only thing that bothers me is losing the progress on my account when I switch; but it might be good to start with a clean slate, eh?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #1443 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
YEah, all the 360 players will think you're a noob

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #1444 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
I'm in the upper left side, Astoria region. Went to the spring Supergame last year and had a good time. Didn't make the earlier one this year and I don't think I'll be able to make this next one. Would really like to, but the family needs me more than paintball needs me atm. Heck, even me starting battles in WOT when other family are awake gets me in hot water.
I know what you mean. I want to finish a battle, baby starts crying, wife walks in with a mean glare.

Played a couple games today, people were trash talking as usual. I jump in, and all I do is correct grammar. They get more mad at me for correcting your/you're than the guys calling them names. I told them that since I was driving a German tank, it was OK to be a grammar Nazi. God, I love this game.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #1445 (permalink)

Bellicose, I know the situation you just described all too well.

I'd guess that if WOT was an actual thing that was left alone in a room somewhere with my wife, it'd get a good throttling for sure.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #1446 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
Bellicose, I know the situation you just described all too well.

I'd guess that if WOT was an actual thing that was left alone in a room somewhere with my wife, it'd get a good throttling for sure.
Has she threatened to throw your computer away yet?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #1447 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I love to counter-bash people who complain about arty. Any vehicle type has a role and if someone complains about arty I complain about how OP their current vehicle is in the role it plays. If I happen to be playing arty at the time(I have over 10 tanks and only one is arty) they get my undivided attention in the target circle.

The profanity doesn't bother me, I used to play World of Warcraft, WoT players can't touch that. The thing that enraged me the worst was being team killed while I was capping the flag because the other guy wanted to try to rack up more damage.

As for getting dirty looks while playing, they're 15min games max. My wife is usually fine letting me finish a battle. no kids so emergencies are rare.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #1448 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Has she threatened to throw your computer away yet?
Lol. Nope, not yet. She has her smartphone, but her online classes mainly use windows programs like Word and Excel, so she is somewhat beholden to Windows products at the moment. Lucky for me, she isn't familiar with the control panel and the uninstall button!

Millar, I've started to just assume that if I hit a player for 1000 damage while playing an arty at any point in a game, they are justified to start complaining. I've pretty much just stopped responding to them now.

Just last night I hop in my 212A (GREAT arty imo) and get in a battle ranging from tier 10 to 8. At the bottom are a couple of PBKAC players platooned up which I've recognized playing late night on the west server. The battle starts and I've got no shots on any tanks other than this Tiger II in the back sniping. It happens to be driven by one of the PBKAC players. So I take a shot and hit him for 800 and some change damage. He immediately says something like "**** arty" (I have the language filter on in case my son is playing) Then he mentions something about how pathetic it is that a tier 9 tank is shooting a tier 8 tank in a tier 10 battle. Not long after I'm reloaded and take a shot on a low health T110E5 and destroy it.

It was a sweet feeling to know that I didn't really have to respond to the guy at all at that point. My playing had done all the talking. He didn't say anything else after that. I could have attempted to try and berate him, but I kept focused on the game at hand and we pulled it out for a win.

Later, in the after battle report I see that PBKAC player in the Tiger II had racked up 3000+ damage in the battle - one of the highest players on the other team. Hitting him first probably did more help to my team - making sure he was constantly moving and not getting the sniping shots he had been getting previously.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #1449 (permalink)
MCB Member

Many players don't realize that arty is the counter to campers. It keeps the game moving, keeps people thinking of running from cover to cover.

There was one match, just started, and my wife needed me to do something. I said, "ok, just let me suicide real quick." I was in my easy 8 and the map was Malinovka. So I charged across the field, ready to die at any moment. All incoming fire bounced, and I started popping every enemy and ended up capping the flag. Such a rare moment of glory in a death charge.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #1450 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well, 360 should get here in a couple days. After that begins the grind yet again. I think I'll focus the British Cruiser tanks (I loved my Crusader, Cromwell, and Centurions) as well as the German heavy line.

Yay, starting over! :P

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in