mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #411 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I ended up getting all the upgrades for the Tiger. It's a long grind to the next tank, so why not make it somewhat easier..
My only issue with my Tiger is the terrible luck I have with it. I generally perform well, do ok damage, get good avg experience, but I'm still stuck with a loosing record no matter what I do. The matchmaker seems to love finding me teammates who were born yesterday, and started playing the day of the match. I'm already in an underpowered tank, give me a break!

My Easy 8 is now fully upgraded, so I'm having fun with that. Can't wait to get into the T20 again.

Upgraded to the T25 from the Slugger. It's fairly unimpressive in stock form (feels a lot like a fully upgraded slugger, but without a turret..), so it's going to take a while before I can perform well in this one. The stock 90mm gun was great in tier 6 fights, but in the high end it tends to bounce unless you find an advantageous position.

Only about 30k xp away from upgrading the SU152 to the ISU, and about the same to upgrade the Hummel to the GPanther. About 10k xp away from the 30P, though I think I'll hold off on that purchase to make sure I have the cr to buy the big boys.

Somewhat unrelated, I've been going through the Big Box of Family Photos and making digital copies before they all disintegrate, and found this pic that must have been taken shortly after the war ended.

P/108
Polish Forces
B.A.O.R. (British Army of the Rhine)
Lindern

I can't figure out what the last word is. ellanianteowe? That's not a word!

As for the person standing by the tanks I don't know who that is either, but I have another pic of him (without the tanks). I'm guessing he's a relative on my maternal grandfather's side somewhere.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #412 (permalink)
Hmm..

Anyone still playing this? User name is Supercarrot, it would be nice to platoon with some MCBers and not the usual idiots you get with the random battles.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #413 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I still play it practically every evening, though usually just a few games.

My SU152 is a game or two away from becoming elite. I will be getting and playing with a brand new BL10 equipped ISU tonight. Months of grinding is finally bearing fruit.

The T50 is all kinds of stupid joyful fun. Playing dodge-the-shots. Playing find-the-arty. Playing chicken with other lights...

The T25 AT on the other hand is no fun at all. It should be fine once fully Upgraded, but in stockish form it's just slow and ineffective.

My Easy 8 is some 30k away from the T20. The Tiger is some 40k away from the Tiger 2. The Hummel is some 15k away from the GPanther. I've got the 30P and the DB researched, but I'm holding off on buying them just to make sure I have enough cr for all the other fun tanks I'm planning on getting soon.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #414 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Give me a few more days to get settled from my move and I will be back!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #415 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If anyone wants to join a clan, look up the 77th Armored Division. I've been playing with them and they're a pretty cool bunch of guys.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #416 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Back from the dead. I just got fadin's medal for destroying the last enemy tank with the last round in my tank. Whats sad is I was playing as arty for that match, I got that, killed 4 tanks damaged 5 more and only got 375 exp. But holy **** thats an awesome medal.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #417 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I hope to be back playing soon. Money is tight and I feel the need for a premium account when it comes to grinding. Have I missed anything cool?

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #418 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Not really. Last update was only 14mb I think it was just bug fixes. They still havent made the KV1 and KV2 separate tanks. But its funny to look at my german tech tree now with how much its been reorganized. I have just a ton of random tanks scattered around everywhere.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #419 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The new type 59 Chinese tank is a real credit earner. Not to mention its fun to play. After expenses I earned 56k the other day.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #420 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I am back to playing, but I have kind of plateaued tank-wise.

I am not a huge fan of blue print tanks, no matter how unrealistically cool they are, and so I have a stable of 12-13 tanks that are almost entirely AUTHENTIC WW2 tanks. The only exceptions being the tier V lights (got the Chaffee and the VK2801)

I have also largely lost interest in playing random battles in the top tiers. Sure it is fun to careen around in my Type 59 racking up kills and points... and the tier V lights are kinda fun, but annoyingly expensive to run.
I find the top tier battles are dull and, I either get killed instantly, or we all camp until the final few minutes. So many draws its annoying.

The only "grinding" I have left to do is building up my crews. Each of my tanks has crews at 100% primary but only one (my Panther) has moved through their secondary skill sets. All of my tanks are elite now, except for my Tiger II which is about 1 million points away from the E-75, which I do not want anyway.

I have the Panther II and the IS-3 unlocked at this point, but again, do not really want either of them that much. Might buy the IS3 when I have enough free XP to upgrade it, as it DID see a tiny amount of WW2 action, but I am waiting for some free garage spots before investing.

Waiting on the update to give me those free Russian tanks. Got both the KV and KV3 sitting there waiting. I might keep the KV3, but the KV1, the KV2 and the T150 are all gone as soon as I get them. Gonna use their slots to buy some Tier II premium tanks maybe.

Anyway, I am still playing too. Love my Type 59 and all of my Tier V's (except the KV really) and I am barely playing my Tier VII and VIII German tanks at all any more. Tier VI tanks (KV3 and Jumbo Sherman) are also fun and not too expensive, so... I really have plateaued.

It was fun randomly seeing TA in a game the other day. We won even! Rock on without a turret baby! I am completely done with turretless tanks myself. Just do not have the skills or the patience for them.

Cheers tankers.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in