mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #671 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Been playing this a bit more lately. Only have a medium tank, still don't have enough to get a heavy tank. But if anyone wants to look me up (Iovec), I'd welcome the company.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #672 (permalink)
Oldbie

Bought my first heavy, Tiger.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #673 (permalink)
Sovereign Connoisseur

FeWolf, same as on all my games, I am in clan also, doing Clan Wars
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #674 (permalink)
Keep yer pump hand strong

Got a little clan going, just to platoon together (no clan wars).

Join in if you are interested, pretty much the only requirement it is that you bring a good attitude and refuse to get drawn into verbal silliness with other players (no swearing, meanness, racism etc...being a smart-arse is fine).

If you are part of MCB you probably already have this attitude and are welcome.

JAKLZ Clan
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #675 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Bought my first heavy, Tiger.
Congratulations, it's a very fun heavy to play!
In the tiers you'll be facing, it's more of a Paper Tiger - it can't tank well and you'll want a repair kit for the ammo-rack hits.

However, the Long-88 more then makes up for it. Just play as a sniper - don't give in to the temptation (or your stupid teammates insistance) to go into city fighting. Instead, find a position overlooking or flanking an enemy route, angle yourself and keep the camo-net active while behind vegetation, and put that accuracy to good use! Try to fight Hull-Down as much as possible - your turret is more sturdy.

When forced to duel at close range, rush in and try to prevent them from hitting anything but your turret - your accuracy allows you to reliably damage most tanks through the commander's hatch.

When facing higher tiers, play very patiently and try to survive until mid-game. Then you can play 2nd-line behind a more tanky heavy, and your mobility allows you to make very quick flanking maneuvers.
It's very rewarding to surprise a dueling IS by driving around and getting right behind it for some easy shots. Timing is everything.

Good luck!
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #676 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
The Tiger is a fun tank, but it can be frustrating. I have not played it for a while, but I am going to buy one back next time they're on sale. Maybe I can improve my dismal Tiger record.

At first, it is a shocker. If it is your first tier VII, like it was for me, that makes it all the more frustrating. If you are already well used to the price tag of just running a tier VII in a bad game, then it is not so bad.

Funny, when I play tier VII's, they seem so cheap to run now that I am getting my *** plastered in tier X and IX tanks.... goddamn these tanks are silly costly and the competition is vicious. 9 times out of 10 I die and it is like 25k plus in repair costs alone. Higher tier play really does not agree with me at all.

Anyway, Tenet offers good advice. I found the Tiger to be deceptively maneuverable which, in turn, occasionally encourages more aggressive play than ought to be used. If you get a game where you are top dog, you can have a bit more fun like that sometimes.

Also, after the next patch, the matchmaking spread in the games is going to tighten considerably. Might make tanks like the Tiger I a lot more playable.

Good luck and tank well

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #677 (permalink)
Oldbie

I've always been a big sniper, never an up close combat guy. I appreciate the beating it takes.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #678 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Just found that Wargaming.net has a World of Tanks app for Android. (Haven't checked for iOS/Windows Phone yet)... It's available in the Google Play Store. Just gives you your stats and such, allows you to add friends, and compare your stats with others.... FYI.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #679 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebFisher View Post
Just found that Wargaming.net has a World of Tanks app for Android. (Haven't checked for iOS/Windows Phone yet)... It's available in the Google Play Store. Just gives you your stats and such, allows you to add friends, and compare your stats with others.... FYI.
Found it on the App Store on my iPhone as well. It's callwed "World of Tanks Assistant".

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #680 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Special offer tanks in the gift shop tonight. Type 59 makes it's return and the new Type 62 premium light tank makes it's debut.

Also, for those who wanted one of those captured French B2's, that will be back too.

Finally, a bonus code for your tankers- free combat rations

Code = HAPPYTANKSDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in