mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #771 (permalink)
MCB Member

Maybe my settings aren't high enough, but the graphics look about the same. The models have a lower poly count, as my M4 doesn't have the detail it used to around the antenna.
bellicose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #772 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Maybe it is that I hadn't played for a few weeks but I play on max settings and it looks like more detail to me.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #773 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I noticed the difference at least in the tank detail and colors. Seemed more vivid colors. I can't wait to see what it looks like on my new rig!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #774 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Just got over 1,200 xp on my Grille, StugIII and KV-2 for my first battles of the day. I hate to say it, but I think I'm really good at this game while drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #775 (permalink)
Oldbie

I shoved an M5 that was trying to kill my Hummel off of the dock on Seaport, yeah I like physics.
HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #776 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
My desk is covered in drool. My new machine runs this game at 60+ FPS on maximum settings! With the graphics update, all I can say is WOW!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #777 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll max out the settings, may have some lag, just to see these improvements...

Do love the new physics. I was laughing at an arty that high centered itself on a bridge railing, as I drove past in my KV-1. By buddy tried to help. I hear him over VOIP a minute later saying "Oops. I just shoved the arty over the edge." Hilarious.
bellicose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #778 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Opinion on 8.0 so far:

Rest in Peace Panzer IV - too bad I can't move my 100% camo crew away from the german line... perhaps it will convert to a TD or a medium.

Currently grinding the US and Soviet Medium lines - enjoying the M4A3E2 and KV-13.
Somehow can't run the game maxed without occasional FPS-sluggishness at close-quarters - but at slightly reduced settings it's quite awesome.

The new physics and graphics are overall great - on certain maps they open up the game significantly, allowing for much more tactical flexibility. Love that.

If gold-ammo wasn't there, and some of the premiums were looked at in terms of bully-tanking, and some of the randomness was taken out from the Penetration rolls - I would start calling WoT a good game.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #779 (permalink)
SoCal's tango instructor.

Send a message via AIM to Whee McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
Opinion on 8.0 so far:

Rest in Peace Panzer IV - too bad I can't move my 100% camo crew away from the german line... perhaps it will convert to a TD or a medium.

Currently grinding the US and Soviet Medium lines - enjoying the M4A3E2 and KV-13.
Somehow can't run the game maxed without occasional FPS-sluggishness at close-quarters - but at slightly reduced settings it's quite awesome.

The new physics and graphics are overall great - on certain maps they open up the game significantly, allowing for much more tactical flexibility. Love that.

If gold-ammo wasn't there, and some of the premiums were looked at in terms of bully-tanking, and some of the randomness was taken out from the Penetration rolls - I would start calling WoT a good game.
Move your Pz4 crew to the 3601, get the upgraded L70, and start using it like the old Pz4. My friend has been saying that since they balanced the Pz4, the 3601 is now the new powerhouse sniper of the German tier 6.

Whee McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #780 (permalink)
Oldbie

I was sad to see the PZIV cannon go but wow I made a mint with it the other night. Seems to work fine still. 44,000 creds in one match.
HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in