mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

i can press hard on the tarsals from above and it doesn't hurt any more than the other foot. it's from the side and bottom.

good that you mentioned it: i stay on my toes when i can because i know i should, as i wear out and concentrate more on keeping going the thought of it is lost and i land on my heels. by the end i usually land on the outside of my foot which is my natural tendency because my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe, and i do realize i do it and know it's bad so i try not to do it, but my endurance is pretty bad that it's hard enough to just keep going.

and yes, i know i land on exactly where it hurts now so that is very likely the cause.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

The way you are describing your running technique, and the way the pain is, it sounds like the stress fracture I had a few months back, which is still hurting me since I never took care of it.

Go get it checked out, maybe go get an x-ray just to be safe, so that you know FOR SURE what is going on.
Petti the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

aww but then i can't play.

i still haven't chosen a doc from insurance lol.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

^^^Damn, heinous has a nice ***.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

First and foremost, make sure you stay off that foot and let it heal before you try to do more cardio. PRICE is a good way to deal with sprain/strains: Prevention (in the future), Rest, Ice, Compression, Exercise (when ready). If you try to get back on it too soon you'll only injure it more and dig yourself deeper in the hole. Swimming is not only an amazing cardio workout, it works core muscles and muscles you didn't even know you didn't have. What ever you do, find something that is appealing so you can keep yourself motivated to keep doing it. Find other ways to stay active rather than specifically trying to exercise (all this is easier said than done of course, but hey I'm prescribing workout regimes from my easy chair in front of the tely). Best of luck to your healing process heinous.

and yeas, you gut a beautiful arse there
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in