mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Last Place

If you don't workout atleast go walk and stretch it will help. I didn't after my run this morning and am paying for it now.
Bradys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I always cool down with a walk. But yeah been walking on my treadmill a lot, helps keep loose.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Christian Baller

CCM Fan
Yeah Its normal. Take protein and Chocolate milk after you lift it helps a lot.
AnimalX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
Anyone else experience this? I had a HARD workout last night working my thighs and calves. I can hardly walk without feeling like my legs are going to rip off.

If I work abs, my abs hurt for two days. If I do legs, legs hurt for two days. So on, so on. Working to hard, or does this just mean I'm doing enough?

And I'm good on water intake and all that jazz.
your muscle fibers are damaged and repairs are being done. this is normal and is how muscles grow bigger.

it's usually 4 days for me, except i go back to working out on the 3rd anyway. after a few times, the pain goes away because your muscles have finished building up to the task... if you do it right.

when i was doing jeet kune do we had class once a week, the sifu would drive us to hell with endurance training toward the end of each lesson saying "work hard, you have a whole week to rest." the worst part was, it really took a whole week for the aches to go away.

drink plenty of water, and stretch.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
ala koskaan anna periksi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Don't under eat, seems simple but a lot of people trying to get in shape think they have to cut their diets in half. Your body needs carbs and calories post workout in order to repair itself. I'm not saying eat whatever you want, make the right choices for foods, but don't lower your caloric intake to the point where your body doesn't have enough to build muscle and repair itself.

That's one of the best pieces of advice I can give you, when I started MMA a few years ago I wasn't eating enough for the amount of calories I was burning, and I was constantly sore and finding it difficult to build muscle, as well as lacking energy. Now it's a different story....

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by Helghast; 08-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Helghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I don't think I under eat, but I don't eat a whole lot either. In the summer(Wasn't going to the gym) I was watching my intake a lot more than I probably should have and didn't eat much. Didn't ever under eat, but I never overate. Now I'm eating more, but still trying to eat healthy. Not near as much junk food, if any.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

CCM Fan
stretch, a lot.
before AND after workout. You'll still be sore but I find that stretching makes me less sore and recover faster.

of course, I should take my own advice too. I'm always in such a rush that I never stretch anymore. (or workout for that matter )
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

Find out what your calorie intake should be depending on your level of workout. Drink lots of water. Stretch out before and after. Start with less weight next time and build your way up. Quality over quantity. Don't rush when you lift also. Breath properly.

Since you said that you can hardly walk, just stretch out and walk it off. For stretching, count up to 10 slowly while doing each stretch. Don't workout. Let your body repair itself completely before you start again. Rest and eat right. G'luck.

You'll only be in extreme agonizing pain if your not eating right or your lifting way beyond your limits.

Last edited by Mirad; 08-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I just took it easy Friday afternoon, having a desk job helps a lot.

I was good as new on Sunday.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Don't underestimate the importance of post workout stretching.

If you hate bananas look for your potassium other places or blend them up in a shake/smoothie to mask the taste.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in