mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #121 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
yea i'm kinda on the same page as you. the ending ruined it for me. Now they're going to make a 4th game. Guess who won't be buying it?
Let it go guys just let it go. It was an awesome series from start to almost finish and even the ending I can forgive. They created an entire universe full of memorable characters and a gripping storyline that was fun to play over and over again during a time when so many other games have come and gone and been forgotten. If all people can say out of three games is that the ending sucked that seems like a very small complaint overall to me.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #122 (permalink)
Post Whore

Leviathan and the extended ending took a little of the Deus Ex Machina out of the ending. It's still a weaker ending than the previous two, but not the trash we were first served.

I set aside multi-player for bit as XCOM came out. I'm sure I'll be back eventually. I think I can play a good support role with an Engineer on Silver without embarassing myself. I'll have to give it a shot.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
Leviathan and the extended ending took a little of the Deus Ex Machina out of the ending. It's still a weaker ending than the previous two, but not the trash we were first served.

I set aside multi-player for bit as XCOM came out. I'm sure I'll be back eventually. I think I can play a good support role with an Engineer on Silver without embarassing myself. I'll have to give it a shot.
Deus ex Machina...

more like Deus ex Bioware's butthole...

I didn't even bother downloading the extended cut. Once the initial euphoria of "hey, this game is cool" died down, I started to notice fail after fail, after one huge fail. The whole ME3 storyline is effed up start to finish, has some unforgivable crap, and the ending that was served was a crime.

The new ending, which i watched on YT, is just a generic pulp, and there is no more difference than before - still just color-coded explosions, and the same, slightly altered static screens.

And i should stop there before I write a wall of text big enough to down the Normandy.
szary[PL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #124 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Part two of the Retaliation DLC came out today. I'm liking the new Ghost hazard map!

CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #125 (permalink)
Post Whore

The new Hazards are so awesome looking...but daaaaaamn Ghost just eats shields lol. Took me a minute to realize what the "hazard" was.

Giant's darkness is awesome, but not really a hazard. I still like Dagger the best I think. The sandstorm is creepy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #126 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
The new Hazards are so awesome looking...but daaaaaamn Ghost just eats shields lol. Took me a minute to realize what the "hazard" was.

Giant's darkness is awesome, but not really a hazard. I still like Dagger the best I think. The sandstorm is creepy.
Hazard Ghost is by far the best looking map and probably one of the hardest on Gold / Platinum. I'm not sure why rain would drain your shields though.

Hazard Giant? Yeah, not sure there. It looks better than normal Giant but I don't think I would call darkness a hazard. Maybe if it was near pitch black or the cannon flashes blind you then maybe I would call it a hazard map. Geth Hunters and Cerberus Phantoms in near pitch black?

I do like Hazard Dagger, much more than Hazard Reactor. I usually play Infiltrator w/ sniper and the sandstorm does for my scope, even with the Hunter / Javelin combo.

I have a feeling that the Firebase White hazard will be like Dagger's.. except with snow. Glacier? I think it's related to Collectors but I'm not sure what happens other than the windows being blocked off by a seeker swarm.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #127 (permalink)
MCB Member

So my internet connection just bent me over a chair and had it's way with me.

Doing a Solo run on Silver (first one I've ever tried also, happened that no one else joined after I started).

Running with a Krogan soldier with the Striker Assault Rifle, and a shotgun on Ghost Hazard (I think, dark place with the hazard rain) against the Geth. So I'm doing alright, not going to lie got very lucky at some points. Make it to the extraction and already killed the Geth Primes that came out. I'm out of consumables but I still have 4 medkits left so even if I get raped I can just waste time, stand up and I'll extract just fine.

Then my internet connection quit with 12 seconds left before extraction
Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #128 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I just discovered how much fun the Mattock is in MP. I've been pining for my M-97 Viper (Which, after dozens of crates, I still haven't unlocked ), but a scoped Mattock is almost as good. Just ruins basic troopers, and I can tear through higher-end ones with some powers.

Only thing it sucks against are the Cerberus Dragoons and their jump rope of death.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #129 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I just discovered how much fun the Mattock is in MP. I've been pining for my M-97 Viper (Which, after dozens of crates, I still haven't unlocked ), but a scoped Mattock is almost as good. Just ruins basic troopers, and I can tear through higher-end ones with some powers.

Only thing it sucks against are the Cerberus Dragoons and their jump rope of death.
The Mattock was my main AR until the Harrier was released. It's like a full auto Mattock with minimal to no recoil, depending on character spec. Best AR ever.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #130 (permalink)
Post Whore

Love the Mattock, its one of my go to AR's (I don't have the Harrier yet either ). The Viper is ok, but I feel it has been replaced by a few other guns. If you can get lucky on one of the weekly challengers, and get the Valiant, give that a shot. It is butter smooth and fast reload. It is probably my favourite sniper.

I just picked up the Turian Ghost Infiltrator today. Typical, played enough to get my Spectre pack, and decided I was done....then I got the Ghost.....well you can't just quit when you get something shiney and new. He's fun, tried him with a Phaeston, but I think I'll have better luck with either the Mattock or the Revenant (which I have him set up for now for the next game). So that will be some fun tomorrow.

Solo'd Bronze/Geth/Hazard Giant for my commendation pack with my Krogan Vanguard....boy he sure can tear through people. He is the closest I will ever get to driving a freight train

Anyway, I also got around to drawing something today, and I guess you guys might appreciate it a bit more than other places I frequent, so enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in