mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #191 (permalink)
Post Whore

no new maps sadly. They spent all the time on the new characters. Everyone has new skills, I think there was only one or two total that had old ones recycled.

The Vanguard is different, but I like her. She plays kind of like the Drellguard, very hit and run. The Poison Strike charge is great for going right through everything. Makes a great high speed medic on small maps.

I run her 6/4/6/5/5 and it seems to be running pretty well.

PS- Range, recharge, double dash
Blades- Damage
BF- movement, duration, heightened focus
passive- Damage and stability and power damage
claws- Melee damage, shield recharge.

With a hurricane and grenade gear V. I may tweak it to drop the shield recharge and put it into blades or something. 7 blades almost feels like too much, but they do good damage. And then dash through guys for biotic/stacked poison damage. Her melee is really good too, almost like a shadow strike.

Got the feel of her in bronze, and played a few silver matches last night with her. Ended up playing medic a lot in the end. Very survivable with double dash, if you get in trouble, bug out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #192 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Well, I got a couple hours in and managed to unlock the Turian Vanguard, EDI Infiltrator, and Exectioner pistol.

The Turian Vanguard is a bit of a mix between the Batarian and Drell Vanguards. My only gripe with the class is the poison strike dash. Instant suicide, it's worse than the biotic charge. It puts you in a compromised position that will most certainly get you killed on Gold / Platinum and it doesn't do that much damage either. On the other hand, the Nightblade Darts and Biotic Focus are really great. The Darts provide a nice cone effect that does decent damage and the Biotic Focus's Tier 6 heal is great.

The EDI Infiltrator is straight up overpowered. No way around it. This Infiltrator is meant to be played with a shotgun and has an advantage over other shotgun wielding Infiltrators due to the 25% shotgun damage bonus that EDI's Tactical Cloak gets at Tier 6. Snap Freeze? Possibly one of the best tech abilities in the game. Repair Matrix is also pretty useful also. The shield regeneration may or may not save you but the instant revive is pretty neat. The Shotgun + Tactical Cloak combo alone makes this class a real good damage dealer.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #193 (permalink)
Post Whore

there's a huge discussion going on over at the Bioware forums about the EDI bot, I'll admit she is pretty powerful. But it's fun. I think really the main complaint is related to the free revive. The shotgun evo I think could maybe be dropped by a few percent, but really it has to do with how much more power shotguns have in general than snipers. I just saw a post relating that the damage bonus doesn't last as long with the shotgun.

If I understand it's an off host issue. If you decloak, snap freeze and then shoot, I don't think you get the shotgun bonus.

Does it feel broken and too strong? ya sorta. But you can kill oodles and oodles of enemies at range with a Salarian Infiltrator. I don't think it really matters too much. It's all about killing enemies as fast as you can anyway

I think I actually prefer the Cabal over EDI. I have noticed there is an issue sometimes with the poison strike not registering a hit. I think it has something to do with the cone size of the actual strike when she travels. They might fix that if they can? Otherwise I like her. Maybe I'll respec her at some point, but I'm enjoying her at the moment with what I picked originally. I mostly use the double dash as a quick in, shoot/blades/melee, dash out.

I think its great for large bosses. I bet it would be an amazing class to pair with a Justicar for reave and warp sphere and just keep spamming dash through it.

I'm sure there will be solo plat runs with it soon to see. Some people are just plain crazy (good) and her movement should keep her alive no problem while using dash for movement instead of as a traditional vanguard. Also her weapon passives seem to be really really good. I've seen people talking about using her without dash and turning her into a mobile soldier class. Sounds like it works well. I think the best thing about this character is its assortment of viable builds.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #194 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
there's a huge discussion going on over at the Bioware forums about the EDI bot, I'll admit she is pretty powerful. But it's fun. I think really the main complaint is related to the free revive. The shotgun evo I think could maybe be dropped by a few percent, but really it has to do with how much more power shotguns have in general than snipers. I just saw a post relating that the damage bonus doesn't last as long with the shotgun.
I think it has more to do with the selection of abilities than just one but the Tactical Cloak and Shotgun combo is pretty potent. Any Infiltrator can do this but EDI's tier 6 evolution for Tactical Cloak takes it a step further. You're looking at 65%+ more shotgun damage. I think this decision was more of Bioware joking around because it wasn't until recently that the Tactical Cloak Shotgun combo became a thing.

While the auto-revive is nice I think Repair Matrix is better used for the shield regeneration and damage reduction. It can make EDI a pretty resilient Infiltrator, right up there with the Turian Ghost.

Quote:
If I understand it's an off host issue. If you decloak, snap freeze and then shoot, I don't think you get the shotgun bonus.
I think it's best to use Snap Freeze after your first shot. You may have to wait a second or two but Snap Freeze works a lot better when the enemy's shields are down. It also makes for a great AOEcone stun/knockback/interrupt ( that also goes through walls lol )

When it comes down to it though, it doesn't really matter. We're talking about a cooperative multiplayer game. I think the only people that want nerfs are the people who can't stand being out-scored.

Quote:
I think I actually prefer the Cabal over EDI. I have noticed there is an issue sometimes with the poison strike not registering a hit. I think it has something to do with the cone size of the actual strike when she travels. They might fix that if they can? Otherwise I like her. Maybe I'll respec her at some point, but I'm enjoying her at the moment with what I picked originally. I mostly use the double dash as a quick in, shoot/blades/melee, dash out.
I think it's a bug or host sync issue. Some people have been reporting that it doesn't always hit or barely hits and does less damage than it's supposed to. I don't like Poison Strike and I'll probably drop it for the extra shields in the shield / melee tree. For a measly 1750 damage it puts you at a great disadvantage.

Have you seen or read anything on the 5th unlockable character? I read that it is a liberated Collector.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 02-28-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #195 (permalink)
Post Whore

I love snap freeze and I agree there is really no reason for people to complain about nerfing. It is all about a co op game, and people are just butt hurt they aren't always top dog. I feel that if people think its too strong, spec it so it's not and play that way.

And I have seen some play video of the Collector, he seem's pretty cool and I can't wait to see good players playing him. I watched some guys live feed as he played a few rounds of all the new guys. This was like day one, so I don't think he quite had the hang of him yet.

He basically has biotic orbs that can slow down enemies (swarmers), and a huge biotic ball that you can shoot out and detonate for large damage. Pretty cool idea, i think the only downside might be his Ascension mode, which increases his damage, but also lowers his defenses. So he might be flimsy. I haven't read too much else on him cause no one will stop bitching about EDI and the other guys. He is being a little over shadowed.

I'm heading off to visit friends in Australia for 2 months in the next few weeks, one thing I'm really gonna miss is playing this game lol. My friend has crappy internet down there so he can't really play. So on top of everything else I need to get ready, I need to try and unlock as much stuff as I can before I go so I can try it all.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #196 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Ok, it's official. Turian Vanguard + Executioner pistol = win. Just placed first place, at 140,000 points, consecutively on 3 gold matches. The poison blades really mess phantoms up lol.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in