mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post

Seems promising; what about it is so great if you wouldn't mind explaining more?

And oh hey, nice Monte
ok well, first, thats not my monte. i had one just like it but blue until i got into a wreck... that was a sad day.

and the lens. 50mm is almost exactly what the human eye sees. your pictures will look almost identical to what you see with the naked eye. its also great for cool closeup work and "artistic stuff" later on because of its very wide open aperture. from what ive read the clarity is outstanding for the price.
you also dont have to worry about zooming in or out since its a fixed lens. you canh focus mroe on the details of the shot instead.
there is a 35mm fixed lens that would work as well but the price is a little higher. overall, its just a great walk around lens.

in order to get more stuff in focus, you need to shoot with a higher aperture number (or smaller aperture, which ever way you want to think about it). i suggest setting the camera to Av (aperture priority) and setting the f/stop to about 8. this will give you a decent DOF and still let enough light in to not have a long exposure time.

i honestly didnt know about not having to use a polarizer when its overcast either.
Dallas NotoRious #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
So very tempting. Let me weigh the cost/benefits between paying rent or buying a _____.
Big Daddy Cool is watching you...

feedback-here
feedback-CC
feedback-PbN
77monteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via MSN to sparky Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
For what it's worth, higher end cameras will yield better results on full auto. The Rebel isn't noted for being high end. It will take excellent photos if you tell it what to do.
Completely true.

Honestly OP, search the internet for a basic digital photography site and memorize it. Get yourself out of using Full Auto and into using Manuel and Av modes. Take control of your camera and it will reward you.

Won't worry about equipment at this point. Honestly, with photography, use what you have and in time you'll know exactly what you really need.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Try shooting on aperture priority mode if you want control over the DOF (Larger aperature (smaller f-stop number) = more DOF) and get to know your gear. Don't let people tell you that expensive gear = good photos. You gear is good enough to do very high quality photos - sure you wont be blowing them up to billboard size but for posting to the web and printing out non billboard size prints it will be more then enough.

I couldn't find anything really wrong with the photos that I looked at. The preview thumbnails look fuzzy but once I clicked the image to see it they looked fine.

My MCB Feedback
My Youtube Channel
MAD_JIHAD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in