mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #141 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yeah but pistols don't have Grip or Stock attachments--- I do about the same with conventional setups as I did on BlOps1 or MW3, was really just discussing the pistol class since it's the first time you've really been able to do that in a COD game.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #142 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
So you guys are just setting up a pistol, and leaving the primary slots blank?

Got to play this a bit at a friends. Not sure if I like it yet.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #143 (permalink)

Yeah, the class system is based on a 10-point system now. Every gun, attachment, grenade, perk, etc. is worth a point. So if you use Secondary Gunfighter as a wildcard you can rock two attachments on the pistol and run 3 perks, a lethal and two non-lethals. You can also still pick up enemies' guns once you kill them and have a rifle or shotgun or whatever. I normally don't bother and just run with the pistol.

I was having some decent luck with the Tac .45 last night as well, the extra power of the individual shots (especially once you unlock the Long Barrel attachment) makes it pretty darn competitive and not as much of an ammo-waster as the B23R (although the B23R is still my fave so far). Tried out the Executioner and had REALLY mixed results. It's meant to be like the Taurus Judge or S&W Governor in that it shoots shotgun shells and not bullets, so range takes even more of a hit than the other pistols, but the in-your-face power is pretty hot. I figure it would be a good primary with Long Barrel and Fast Mag, but it's suffering long enough to level it up that much that'll be the real chore. Going to rock it as a secondary on my actual rifle classes first to try and level it up and then once I get some more stuff try it again as a pistol class.
FEEDBACK
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #144 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Yeah, the class system is based on a 10-point system now. Every gun, attachment, grenade, perk, etc. is worth a point. So if you use Secondary Gunfighter as a wildcard you can rock two attachments on the pistol and run 3 perks, a lethal and two non-lethals. You can also still pick up enemies' guns once you kill them and have a rifle or shotgun or whatever. I normally don't bother and just run with the pistol.

I was having some decent luck with the Tac .45 last night as well, the extra power of the individual shots (especially once you unlock the Long Barrel attachment) makes it pretty darn competitive and not as much of an ammo-waster as the B23R (although the B23R is still my fave so far). Tried out the Executioner and had REALLY mixed results. It's meant to be like the Taurus Judge or S&W Governor in that it shoots shotgun shells and not bullets, so range takes even more of a hit than the other pistols, but the in-your-face power is pretty hot. I figure it would be a good primary with Long Barrel and Fast Mag, but it's suffering long enough to level it up that much that'll be the real chore. Going to rock it as a secondary on my actual rifle classes first to try and level it up and then once I get some more stuff try it again as a pistol class.
The Executioner was originally going to be named the Raging Judge in the game but I guess they figured Executioner sounded way cooler.
The new scorestreak/killstreak whatever you want to cal is interesting...It is a blast on modes like Domination where you can rack up big points rather easily but for me at least, I have a hell of a time just getting a UAV...Good game so far, I like it more than MW3 currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #145 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

heh my new favorite hobby is picking up enemy guns to shoot them with em =) I dont have a shotgun class and am levelling the 870 =)

having fun - its a cycle own and get owned - smg's seem overpowered in general and some of the cheat factor seems to be getting a bit more common - /sigh

the usual geometry cheats, standby, etc

now good teamwork - ran into more of that in this game than in MW3 - thats impressive - sometimes painfull on the receiving end - but impressive

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #146 (permalink)

I've seen lots of team work too. I think people are realizing this one is a bit more fast paced and you can't just solo camp and such anymore. Did run into a couple guys who were pretty annoying in an effective sort of way. One guy with the riot shield would distract/block you while his buddy side shot you. Figured out tossing a bouncing Betty over shield boys head kinda ruined both there days.
Mythslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #147 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
My son and I were kicking tail ther other day him using the hamr and me with a shield.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #148 (permalink)

Mercenary moshpit ftw!
Mythslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #149 (permalink)

I wish they'd bring back Mercenary Deathmatch. I hate mixing in other formats when all I want to do is kill people.
FEEDBACK
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #150 (permalink)
Post Whore

i like it! i think more than MW3. i like the laser site. i can see it, and it helps alot with hip firing. i like most of the maps. not too fond of carrier tho. it is OK.
cockerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in