mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #161 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I am done with this for now until they fix the lag issues on the PS3. The lag is making the game no more fun and a challenge to play (not a good thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #162 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
The FAL with select fire i samazing.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #163 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

If it makes you feel any better the lag compensation on 360 is still very hit-or-miss as well, though to be fair, for some reason it seems to be that way with EVERY COD game at first. I don't know why after this long they can't seem to get it right at launch. MW3 was pretty piss-poor at launch as well. There have been so many times when I pull the trigger with my crosshair directly over someone's chest from the game equivalent of 3 feet away only to not even get a hit marker and wind up dead before I can even take a follow-up shot.

Knifing is also horrendous. It's better when you actually have the knife in your hand (ie: only running one gun and hitting the Y button, or running a no-gun class), but it's still pretty difficult to get someone on the run. It's almost as if in previous COD games the effective knife radius was 180 degrees and now it's been cut in half. Panic knifing is just terrible, and what makes me mad is that it seems like it works for everyone else most of the time and only seems to screw me lol.

But, even with the flaws, I'm having fun with it so far and getting better as I figure out what guns work best on what maps and with what attachments. It seems like this game is MUCH more dependent on a good class setup than previous COD's, at least for me.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #164 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Honestly I was having a ton of fun with the game up until the latest update. They nerfed almost every gun and did not improve the shotguns range which it badly needs. The lag got worse. The gameplay is a choppy mess right now and it makes playing it frustrating. I have the best internet available from Centurylink and am still having crappy lag. I will come back once the lag is cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #165 (permalink)

I haven't noticed any nerfings, although I'll agree with you that shotgun range is almost always unfairly limited, IMO. But, with the small maps the average COD player seems to insist on, it's almost necessary for balance. I still tend to do well enough with shotguns even with the range limitation, it just requires a readjustment of strategy. I'll tell you what though, if they do anything to nerf the B23R, I'm out. Hands-down my favorite gun in the entire game, and the fact it has double as many kills as any other gun I use shows it.
FEEDBACK
Old 12-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #166 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I was looking at my combat record last night and my top 4 guns for kills are all pistols.. With the highest (over 2k) with the tac45.
Gold 45
Gold 57
Gold 40
23r I am at around 80 head shots
Then I need to work the dreaded revolver.
Loving my current class well the one that I have used for the last few days.

Shield
40 no attachments
No perks
Danger close
2 bouncing betty
2 shock charges

Went 17-0 off the bat in a game last night with it, ended the game 24/2/5

Last edited by cirkle68; 12-15-2012 at 07:33 AM.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #167 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I haven't noticed any nerfings
I think they lowered the range on smg's like that really matters on cod maps. I read that they nerfed them but I rarely use anything but a pistol..

edit: just googled it, they lowered smg penetration

Last edited by cirkle68; 12-15-2012 at 07:44 AM.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #168 (permalink)

Best I've done pistol-wise was something like 18-7 with the KAP40. I'm much more consistent from game-to-game with the B23R though. Managed to pull 14 and 9 with a knife and axe only class loaded up with perks the other day, picked up the same guy's KAP40 like 3 times but only actually used it for 2 kills, everything else was knife or axe. It's fun to piss people off with but it sucks really bad once you get into a lobby with people who are actually good.

I've messed with the Tac 45 off and on, and I like it but don't tend to do as well with it for some reason. The Executioner was quickly retired after I unlocked it- massive up-close damage but once they're past arm's length you might as well be flicking rubber bands at them, even with long barrel and aiming down the sights.
FEEDBACK
Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #169 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I think they lowered the range on smg's like that really matters on cod maps. I read that they nerfed them but I rarely use anything but a pistol..

edit: just googled it, they lowered smg penetration
Aw hell no, the SMGs did squat as it was, they were out shot by everything.
I was trying to enjoy this incarnation but I haven't even switched it on single or multiplayer since I hit the strike missions(2-3 weeks plus), that killed it entirely for me.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #170 (permalink)

I had a hard time mastering those at first but once I realized you really just have to go first person and do most of it yourself I had a much easier time. I started out trying to command everything from above and rely on the AI, forgetting how much the AI sucks....
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in