mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #41 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Also the developers are extremely lazy:

- 5 extra prestiges with emblems that all look the same (supposedly another 5 to be released - I wouldnt be surprised those all looked the same as well).
- missing career kill titles for new killstreaks like the Osprey gunner, Reaper and Attack Drone
- A ton of similar titles that look all the same for many achievements (perks and attachments)

I can go on but those are at the top of my head right now.

Edit: If they can't add value to such simple aesthetics (yet we as players want) how can we expect them to improve upon the look of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Right. There are other games out there that look so much better on consoles than the COD series. It might be true to say that they've maxed out the capabilities of the graphics engine they are using. And that I would believe, seeing as they've been using it since COD4. But look at games like the Uncharted series, Killzone, and others to see what this generation of consoles is capable of. COD can look a lot better before it starts maxing out the console. The game engine is the bottleneck.

Last edited by D3adpool; 06-06-2012 at 10:52 AM.
D3adpool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #42 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

I think I'll be skipping this one. I haven't been a fan of the Treyarch games and to me this looks like shhhhh... shut your mouth. I guess I'll just be relegated to hoping they do a decent job on Halo 4 for this season.

Hopefully when you are reloading a pistol in BO2 it doesn't sound like you are scraping a piece of potmetal across concrete like it did when reloading a 1911 in Black Ops.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
lol....

Im actually being swayed over to the Treyarch games. All else being equal they seem to do a better job at introducing "creativity" into this franchise than IW. Little things like diving and the cross bow and those other game formats like sticks and stones etc.

But to be honest... I think its all a ruse. This "division" of IW and Treyarch is all a master plan by whoever the parent company is to fleech us out of money yearly. Vs once every two years.

Isnt it strange that they are now sharing this “Elite” platform? That if I pre-order a copy of BO2 I get a token that I can use to unlock gear/xp for MW3? It doesn’t make sense……

Just combine the talents from both developer houses/businesses and give us one great game that we can play for 2 years!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
I think I'll be skipping this one. I haven't been a fan of the Treyarch games and to me this looks like shhhhh... shut your mouth. I guess I'll just be relegated to hoping they do a decent job on Halo 4 for this season.

Hopefully when you are reloading a pistol in BO2 it doesn't sound like you are scraping a piece of potmetal across concrete like it did when reloading a 1911 in Black Ops.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I was initially excited.

Then I realized that I haven't enjoyed ANY of TA's CoD games.

I think I've finally learned my lesson and won't be buying this one until I read LOTS of user reviews after it drops.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
... I'm mostly on board for this solely because of the new and enlarged Zombies features.
Same here. I wish that they would just split off the series and just have the zombie mode be an independent game altogether.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #46 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Same here. I wish that they would just split off the series and just have the zombie mode be an independent game altogether.
My roommate and I talk about this all the time... with how big it's supposedly getting in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if it finally happens within the next year or two. I'd love a more story-driven single player version that goes more into what happened to Samantha and her father and the "team", in addition to the regular old 'horde-mode'.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I just can't understand the huge appeal of the zombie sub-games. Maybe I'm too linear, but I hate wave defense/survival games that just go and go and go forever until you eventually die. Give me a game with a defined point at which I've won, otherwise the whole thing feels futile.

I don't understand the slams against CoD graphics...well, at least not MW2/3. Black Ops was ugly as hell, but MW3 has pretty impressive ones, IMO. That first level when you climb out of the overturned HUMVEE in the middle of New York looks pretty amazing to me.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
I just can't understand the huge appeal of the zombie sub-games. Maybe I'm too linear, but I hate wave defense/survival games that just go and go and go forever until you eventually die. Give me a game with a defined point at which I've won, otherwise the whole thing feels futile.

I don't understand the slams against CoD graphics...well, at least not MW2/3. Black Ops was ugly as hell, but MW3 has pretty impressive ones, IMO. That first level when you climb out of the overturned HUMVEE in the middle of New York looks pretty amazing to me.
To me it's a lot more fun to play zombies with friends than it is to suffer through the camping/lagswitching/quickscoping/etc. that inevitably ruins most FPS multiplayer games. The other thing is that the zombies games have a lot of hidden fun tidbits to find and unlock and the quotes from the characters throughout the game are hysterical.

But I see what you're saying, and I'm honestly hoping they do something that gets away from solely wave-based play eventually. I think with how popular it's become (especially since it was supposed to be a stupid throwaway extra feature) it's destined for it's own dedicated game sooner or later.
FEEDBACK
Old 06-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
lol here is random question which might derail this topic somewhat...

What do ppl hate most: quickscoping or hardscoping? I am NOT a sniper guy and for the sake of chasing golden guns or achievements I hardscope. But I see some ppl complain about quickscoping and some about hardscoping. Which do ppl hate more because at the end of the day a sniper needs to do one or the other in other to get kills?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

I've never seen anyone bitch about a hardscope. What I can't stand is a player coming around a corner with a sniper rifle and somehow being able to raise his gun and magically one-shot me before I can even pull the trigger with an SMG.
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in