mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I say don't bother with a watermark. I always end up looking at them instead of the photo. Set your camera to embed a watermark in the image data if you really want to.
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Devil Dog

Send a message via AIM to ballyhoo33 Send a message via MSN to ballyhoo33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77monteballer View Post
whats the easiest way to save a watermark and pasically just paste it to the image?
In Photoshop you can create an action that adds a watermark. This can then be applied to multiple photos using patch processing.
ballyhoo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Why is it necessary to clutter images with a watermark if they are not part of any commercial/business venture and are purely for others to enjoy?
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
I toss my name in the bottom corner of a lot of my photos, but it's not so much so people won't steal them. A while back, a guy contacted me asking if they could have high res copied of a couple of photos I shot at a ski mountaineering race, as the guy in the photos died in an avalanche and they wanted some photos of him. That's a good part of the reason I watermark photos.

(Of course, I tossed a big red watermark in the center of some paintball shots just to see how many of them would end up as people's profile pictures on facebook, but that's kinda different.)

Edit-Just wanted to post some of the funny **** my buddy "watermarked" his photo with.

Quote:
Photo: Peter Knight, 2011. All rights reserved, unless explicitly expressed by the photographer. Under no circumstances are you to right click-save as on this photo or screenshot or else you will go to jail, and you all know what goes on in there.

Photo: Peter Knight, 2011. All rights reserved, unless explicitly expressed by the photographer. Under no circumstances are you to right click-save as on this photo or screenshot or else your home will probably get demolished by a meteor.

Photo: Peter Knight, 2010. All rights reserved, unless explicitly expressed by the photographer. Under no circumstances are you to right click-save as on this photo or screenshot or else your next chocolate bar will be your last and taste like ****.

Photo: Peter Knight, 2011. All rights reserved, unless explicitly expressed by the photographer. Under no circumstances are you to right click-save as on this photo or screenshot or else you will be sentenced to 5 years with a ****ty internet connection that cannot load youtube videos.

Photo: Peter Knight, 2012. All rights reserved, unless explicitly expressed by the photographer. Under no circumstances are you to right click-save as on this photo or screenshot or else I'm sure you got the point.
How to get around UPS fees

Last edited by mtaylor; 07-09-2012 at 11:04 PM.
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in