mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Shoulder type camera bag (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/211309-shoulder-type-camera-bag.html)

JLuke 08-19-2012 09:55 AM

Shoulder type camera bag

Just curious if anyone knows of a good one out there. I'm looking for the kind that straps diagonally across your chest from one shoulder to your opposite side, not sure if it called a courier bag or what.

Reason I'm looking for this is so that i can just hop on my motorcycle with my camera and take a trip to get pictures. Im needing it to be somewhat low profile. The one i have now is prety much like wearing a cube on my back and when i ride it likes to roll back and forth side to side. Hell, i'd wear a normal 2 strap one if it was long enough and had a waist strap to keep it down.

ballyhoo33 08-19-2012 04:31 PM

They are called sling packs. Look at the Kata 3N1 series. Thay are backpacks that can be converted into sling packs. I've been using them for a number of years and have been very happy with them. They will likely fit your needs.

77monteballer 08-19-2012 10:17 PM

These are what i use... depending on your gear, these are AWESOME. super comfy and really easy to access your gear when you need it. also, the raincover for them works really well.

chopper duke 08-19-2012 11:43 PM

I use a slingshot and love it!

Broch 08-19-2012 11:56 PM

Try the Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home.

JLuke 08-20-2012 11:43 AM

Hmm, that slingshot might be something i'd look into, i like the way you can just slide it around to the front of you to get the camera out easily.

chopper duke 08-20-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLuke (Post 2449336)
Hmm, that slingshot might be something i'd look into, i like the way you can just slide it around to the front of you to get the camera out easily.

I love that about it! SUCH an easy bag to use.

Luckless 08-20-2012 02:08 PM

I have been using a Kata 3n1-33 for a few months now as a daily carry, and love it. It is a tad warmer than I would have liked otherwise, but generally comfortable if you remember to snug it up so the pack rides straight on your back when carried as a back sling. Takes just a second to loosen it as you pull it around to grab your camera. Just remember to clip and zip it back up before slinging it around to your back again, or the rest of your stuff will slide out.

Arson24 08-20-2012 02:48 PM

I have a Sling shot 102AW for a walk around bag with body and a couple of lenes and a Manfroto back pack for all my gear works well.

JLuke 08-21-2012 07:11 PM

Well i picked up a slingshot 200 size, the medium one. Got it at best buy since i can return it easily if I didnt like it. Rode around on my motorcycle with it right after i bought it, seems to fit well, doesnt flop around any, i think i may like this thing. Though the test will be when i pack everything in it, how much will i fit and how will it sit then. Also the first big disappointment is that the tripod strap is still too small for my manfrotto tripod, it is a bit beefy, but would be nice if these camera bags accepted larger tripods, I might just strap it on the bottom of the bag for trips later.