mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #111 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

No, I don't feel there are *any* other games with similar play style to Hawken... not ones I want to play anyways. I invested 30 bucks for the Vanguard thing prior to public launch, I'm happy I did
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #112 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
No, I don't feel there are *any* other games with similar play style to Hawken... not ones I want to play anyways. I invested 30 bucks for the Vanguard thing prior to public launch, I'm happy I did
I'm happy for your confidence and support of developers, and never questioned that.

Hawken has similarities to Quake and all the basic elements of an FPS, and that reflects on the type of people it attracts - from Mech to Twitch-FPS fans and everyone who loves faster paced PvP games.
It's a wide crowd but it's also a big market. While the IP may be brilliant, it's also new and doesn't have the same weight as BF/CoD or MechWarrior - and it will compete against better known products.
The prices don't seem like they reflect that - it's significantly overpriced, and with questionable consumables that might get competitive players to think "Pay2Win".

You also seemed to ignore my point about the lack of Statistics / Numbers, especially on things like HP / Armor / Movement speed. For a Mech game that seems like a very glaring omission.
What exactly do the "bars" on weapon descriptions mean, and why aren't other stats represented in any way? What is the actual impact of customization?
People should know what they are paying for, even if that comes with a disclaimer "beta content may change".

Last edited by Tenet; 12-17-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #113 (permalink)

no idea why they changed to those bars, I'm sure they will go back to the way it was (actual numbers so geeks like me can calculate DPS rate on various weapon options). I'm not going to debate with you about the finer flaws in the public beta, I post on the hawken community forum and there are tons of people there you can "debate" with. I'm currently enjoying all the time I spend in the game so I don't feel the need... many good changes are being implemented and many other changes are being tested to weigh out and balance the game accordingly
Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #114 (permalink)

christmas hawken bonus from Machinima: log into your account on the main Hawken site, hit redeem code, and put in MACHINIMECH for 6000 hawken points free. that's a LOT of hawken points
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #115 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
christmas hawken bonus from Machinima: log into your account on the main Hawken site, hit redeem code, and put in MACHINIMECH for 6000 hawken points free. that's a LOT of hawken points
Nice! thanks!
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #116 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
"Hit REDEEM CODE"

I don't see that anywhere on the website, logged or not.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #117 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
"Hit REDEEM CODE"

I don't see that anywhere on the website, logged or not.
Looks like they removed it, i wonder why tho'.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #118 (permalink)
Banned

i have not played in a while. in fact i fogot my name....
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

i just got in a team deathmatch with a whole side of lvl 2's vs a bunch of teen levels. i don't care how cool a mech game is. it's unplayable.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #120 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Hey, all of the COD developers with millions upon millions of dollars still can't seem to get matchmaking right, why should a smaller outfit be able to? lol
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in