mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #151 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
This game reminds me very much of MoonBreakers. I wish they had a "color blind" option. Also, my sound kept cutting out which worried me until someone said it was a known bug.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #152 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
This game seems a lot less jolly than TF2 and when you've got a level 4 Recruit in a match against level 24 Recruits, level 18 grenadiers and level 16 Bruisers it feels a wee bit unbalanced.

Oh, and spawn campers can lick my hairy balls.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #153 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
This game seems a lot less jolly than TF2 and when you've got a level 4 Recruit in a match against level 24 Recruits, level 18 grenadiers and level 16 Bruisers it feels a wee bit unbalanced.

Oh, and spawn campers can lick my hairy balls.
The Assault class is the same as your TV-Box, and happens to be the best class in the game.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #154 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Well after getting our butts handed to us in pieces during the first official Hawken tournament (which went pretty damn good overall), I decided to start playing some more mechs... turns out I love C-class mechs (Brawler and Cupcake). Really stoked with the direction this game is going, things are picking up quickly!

Last edited by ApoC_101; 06-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #155 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I have been really trying to like this game. I love the visuals and the setting, but the game play keeps leaving me feeling "what the F*** just happened?"

When I go into a server 99.9% of the time I have a level 12 Brawler or level 24 Grenadier drilling my poor level 7 Recruit or level 1 Sharpshooter a new orafice. Heck, I have even gone toe to toe, face on with lower level Recruits than mine and lost (still trying to figure that one out.) I was starting to feel the same way in Moonbreakers. It would be a lot more fun if the servers (how many are there) were balanced by level or experience.

I do find the radar to be almost useless to me. This may be because I'm color deficeint to red and green. In the beginning I assumed (what I think are) green dots are the mec's. Then I noticed guys were getting behind me and I never saw them. I wondered if there was a way to mask yourself on radar. then I noticed some (what I think are) red dots moving around ( hard for me to make out from the terrain details on the radar) and maybe the "green" dots are pointing away from them? Direction of fire maybe?

This reminds me of another point. All the text in the game, and the HUD and stuff are too small for me to read easily. I wish I could bring the resolution down a bit.

I don't know if it is a balance thing, or a free to play thing, but TF2 never gave me the same feeling of being outclassed in equipment. I have a lot of time in that game and find most often I'm playing with the weapons you start with, or that appeared early in the game. I will say though I am a paying customer in TF2 and maybe the free to play players have a different experience.

Now that I think about it one big difference is that there are no upgrades in TF2. Also, all classes are open from the beginning. Again, don't know if it is the same for F2P customers.

Last edited by Finnigan; 03-18-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #156 (permalink)
\m/Ruler_of_Asgaard\m/

Just got this game and its kinda the tits considering its taking away time for me to play Dota 2 or Skyrim. Takes me back to the good ol' days of Heavy Gear on Win 98.

Hawken callsign: obzen666
Expect some friend adds
Oden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #157 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

looks pretty, but i'm an old fart who really enjoyed the original mechwarrior series..multiplayer was an afterthought
plan_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #158 (permalink)
Meow.

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Decided to give it a try a few days ago and this game is amazing!

The graphics are beautiful and the game play seems pretty balanced as I was taking down level 10+'s with my lvl1 CR-T Recruit. All the tank classes are a bit hard to kill at that level but that's to be expected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
When face palm is not enough, you face rocket.
i8pie2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #159 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Added some people to my friends list now that I'm playing again!
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #160 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Hmm. Most of us Steel Killers crew aren't playing anymore... Unhappy with the additions in content and lack of proper competitive balancing and general direction of the devs. The last couple times I played, I couldn't even finish the match before I quit... Totally lost it's appeal for me
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in