mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
chuff chuff

I'll be playing the waiting game on these new consoles. The 360 does what I want and the first run of consoles always seem to have issues, particularly with overheating.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Igloo member

I thing that struck me over the presentation was how they kept talking about TV,
"play exbox, watch tv"
"switch to TV instantly"
"Stream TV"

two things.

1 - there is a button on the controller that says "input" push it
2 - who watches TV now that who have internet?

its like Microsoft has no clue about the people they are trying to sell the console to and instead try to shove as much stuff into it as possible thinking that is what makes something good.

the always on internet is an awful idea. what about flaky internet? my wireless turns off by itself all the time, my internet is not a fail proof device. everyone always gets weird problems. the one install per disk is a Horrid idea. what if I want to lend my friend a game to try? he has to buy it anyways?
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I thing that struck me over the presentation was how they kept talking about TV,
"play exbox, watch tv"
"switch to TV instantly"
"Stream TV"

two things.

1 - there is a button on the controller that says "input" push it
2 - who watches TV now that who have internet?

its like Microsoft has no clue about the people they are trying to sell the console to and instead try to shove as much stuff into it as possible thinking that is what makes something good.
Theyr'e trying to make it so that the xbox replaced all the other devices on your TV stand.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophia View Post
hahahaha.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
im buying a N64....

these new systems are not video games... they are dvd/internet/computer/random futuristic crap

dumbbbbbbbbbb
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophia View Post
Gaa! I just saw that and was coming in here to post it. Pretty weak presentation of a gaming system IMO. So what's going to be the item that morphs into an actual game playing device? Don't you dare think smart phone/tablet...

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

xbox twitter just got burnt

heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #59 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
For the 30 something year olds who finally get their kids to bed and their wife is working nights aren’t going to take comfort in the fact that their tv is streaming a show over their Xbox one. They want to $hoot something, plain and simple. Look at the original Nintendo, served one purpose and did it perfectly. Don’t get me wrong, I think the additions will be very convenient but they need to stick to the meat and potatoes of the industry and produce mind blowing games with face melting graphics. Just my opinion.
Bingo.

MS is showing that they want part of every entertainment market. In pushing this through they will alienate a fair portion of their gamers. When I sit in front of the television I want to game. That's it. MS doesn't seem to view gamers as the absolute primary market for this (or that the ~25% of 360 owners playing offline aren't worth pursuing), so I will take my dollars and future gaming experiences and go elsewhere. And looking at how it operates and what is required... well, I've ranted about this for the last two days so I'll just shut up now...

Granted it's just the reveal, but if something puts me off this much, I won't buy it even with any future (positive) changes. They've already shown their hand to the future of pure gaming.

I do not like what MS is doing with this console and their business model in general. The phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind, but who knows what MS is thinking. I know I will take my gaming dollars somewhere where they and I will be more appreciated.

Last edited by glaman5266; 05-23-2013 at 02:29 AM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #60 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
MS doesn't seem to view gamers as the absolute primary market for this (or that the ~25% of 360 owners playing offline aren't worth pursuing), so I will take my dollars and future gaming experiences and go elsewhere.

I know I will take my gaming dollars somewhere where they and I will be more appreciated.
The problem is... Where is elsewhere? Seems like everyone is starting to do this crap. Sony, Microsoft, even Blizzard and EA on the PC platform are doing it. Where else do you go for the types of games you like when all of the manufacturers/developers are trying to cram this stuff down your throat?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in