mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Actually Netflix does have a family filter. When I'm on either the ps3, Wii or my western digital box (like a ruku) I have the option of kids or not. The kids side is easier to find things and has logs of big pictures and only kids content.

In retrospect if that Chromecast is as cool as it looks I will be picking up a few of them and canceling cable all together.

CCM
Art Of Pump

Next up:
?
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
I would be on board if I didn't need three simple letters that hold all power over my wife and I four and a half glorious months a year: NFL.
If Apple TV or the new Google TV can promise (a real promise, not pinky swear) me the ability to switch between every live football game in real time. I could do it.

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback[/SIZE]
Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Isnt that what Bars are for?

CCM
Art Of Pump

Next up:
?
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallify View Post
Isnt that what Bars are for?
Let's see...sit in a loud bar from 1pm to 11pm on a Sunday and be thought an alcoholic or sit on my couch for 10 hours and prove it?

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback[/SIZE]
Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
I drink and I know things

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
netflix.. $9/mo. > dish
QFT Netflix with the unblock us VPN so I can get content from all over the world (ie UK netflix if I want with one click) is the best basically $13 I spend a month

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

base on what we been talking about. it depends on what you need or have to have. so your best option is to check to see what options you have in your area and what are reviews from your area. i know dish and direct tv get some hit and miss.

Small satellites are line of sight. Like a flashlight beam. The more clouds between you and the signal the weaker the signal. If you do this with rain you get more loss of signal. Just how much it takes depends on how strong the signal is to begin with. In Idaho a light rain causes failure. Even thick black clouds can cause loss of signal. In Florida it can be a downpour and you still have pictures.
The reason that it works better in Florida than in Idaho is that Florida is closer to the equator. All satellites orbit the earth about 37,000 kilometers above the earth in what is known as the Clarke Belt. The belt is over the equator. So, the further north or south you are from equator, the longer the distance from the satellite. Also take into account the curvature of the earth as well. As an example, take a pen and make a mark on a tennis ball. Now hold the tennis ball about 3 inches from your eye and rotate the ball up wherein the dot moves up and away from you. Get the idea? Actually work better with basketball and about a foot away from your face."
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitt View Post
I would be on board if I didn't need three simple letters that hold all power over my wife and I four and a half glorious months a year: NFL.
If Apple TV or the new Google TV can promise (a real promise, not pinky swear) me the ability to switch between every live football game in real time. I could do it.
One of the guys in the office has cable from September to January for football. He saves six months of the bill and gets to feed his addiction that way.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Random Lurker

I have been using/testing the Roku box with a Netflix subscription to replace our Dish. It has been great so far, but it requires a 10 mb internet speed to get the HD streaming picture. The live sports is the only think keeping me from cutting the dish. I am looking for any way to watch the live games via streaming over the computer.

Created by Shade.
-- Wizard12341 Feedback--
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

wizard, pm me. I got a site for just that.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Random Lurker

PM sent.

The Google Chromecast does not really appear to be the same as Roku. Looks like it is more of a vehicle to broadcast info from a tablet or phone to a TV. It is not really a 'free standing' device.

I thought it was going to be another breakthrough product for streaming, but it seems more like an intermediate device. The beauty of the Roku box is that it only requires an internet connection.

Cougar20th - How is the Amazon Prime subscription? If you sign up, do you have free access to all of the shows listed on their channel or are there still some things that will cost money? The membership description does not really say either way.

Created by Shade.
-- Wizard12341 Feedback--
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in