mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #621 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've been getting the usual amount of rare engrams I did before but I've noticed a much lower chance of them becoming strange coins, motes or ascendant materials, actual it's been a zero chance since the patch
Old 10-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #622 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

On bungies website (or the app if you prefer) hey list what they do with each patch. They didn't change engrams at all. The whole point of random is that it's random. It's all odds. One person can roll a die 10 times and never get a 6, while another can do the same and get nothing but 6s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #623 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I get that its random, but when you put 50-60 hours into a game and get pretty much nothing as far as good item drops go, it is very un inspiring. Looks like I will be getting the new borderlands game very soon, if it's as good as 2 was I probably won't be back on Destiny much at all. Not rewarding your gamers is a good way to loose them, random or not, it it's not giving me anything I am gonna go play something more rewarding.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #624 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
Question about that then, what have you been doing in Destiny so far CO? They did provide other ways than drops to get gear, through factions and crucible quartermasters. The drop rate is rather lame for anything useful at level 20, but at the same time, so long as you're not just doing story missions or patrols, you should be able to get decent gear.

Running strikes and Crucible to get their marks is a good way. You can also trade in your materials (spinmetal, relic iron, etc) for marks too...though both Crucible and Vanguard max out at 100 per week, which is lame.

But unless they start adding new activities, soon, this game is going to start to fizzle out. I think I'm in the minority that likes to grind, but even still, I can see a lot of people dropping this game, and never coming back soon. Not to mention the first new raid is in December I think? That's too far away to keep people interested in what little they do have in this game I think.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #625 (permalink)

Kilt Club
I agree with you Drachen. And I think they said in the update that the random "rate" is 1% for the engram to turn into a legendary or exotic item.
Mad Anthony P8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #626 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm curious how many players Borderlands will pull away. I know it's kind of a warmed over BL2, not really a new entry, but that series is just so much more fun to me than this game is.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #627 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Any 360 guys want to do weekly strikes
Yo right here man, I'm down.

Anyone who wants to play on 360 my gt is The Redskimo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Wipers
I'm ambidextrous. Fear me.
Please leave me honest Feedback after any B/S/T arrangments. Thank you.
Down Range Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #628 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
I've gotten two legendary drops in the last two days. Prior to that was two since the day the game came out. Seems to be a lot more lately. Bro-in law got Doctor Nope from the nightfall strike and a legendary engram from the weekly heroic that better him The Last Word. So jealous right now...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #629 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I've gotten two legendary drops in the last two days. Prior to that was two since the day the game came out. Seems to be a lot more lately. Bro-in law got Doctor Nope from the nightfall strike and a legendary engram from the weekly heroic that better him The Last Word. So jealous right now...
Sorry about last night, kinda had a massive headache so couldn't get on the raid. And it's funny, the only two guns at the moment I want are the devil you know and the doctor nope. I'm glad I got that exotic launcher from the nightfall but I'm at a point where I don't want exotics anymore, I prefer legendaries so I can equipt them, my icebreaker is getting most of my attention at the moment.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #630 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
I know it's not Exotic but a guaranteed way of getting a Legendary weapon is to max out your factions.

I got The Devil You Know from maxing out my Vanguard and the Vanquisher from maxing out New Monarchy.

For a guaranteed exotic you can work on your Nightfall Strikes. Complete 2 at the hardest level and you would have enough to buy something from Xur when he appears on Friday.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in