mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #7071 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Cocking mechanism

Hey everyone, ive done my best to try and read the majority of these posts, but as you can all tell there are so many its very difficult to sift all the information :P

Anyways, im having problems with the cocking mechanism with my metadyne thumper, while dry firing or with a co2 12gram, the gun doesn't cock all the way forward, and when it is pushed forward, it doesnt return back to the original starting position without some encouragement ( and will not fire ). Sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed.

i would greatly appreciate some feedback or tips! thanks!
Samhouston123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #7072 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhouston123 View Post
Hey everyone, ive done my best to try and read the majority of these posts, but as you can all tell there are so many its very difficult to sift all the information :P

Anyways, im having problems with the cocking mechanism with my metadyne thumper, while dry firing or with a co2 12gram, the gun doesn't cock all the way forward, and when it is pushed forward, it doesnt return back to the original starting position without some encouragement ( and will not fire ). Sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed.

i would greatly appreciate some feedback or tips! thanks!
Check that the threaded end of the piston didn't unscrew a bit, if it did just teflon tape or loctite it in place. If that isn't the issue, check and make sure the stem coming out of the valve moves freely. You might need to lube the large o ring on the front of the piston as well.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #7073 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
Alright, I missed a couple weeks due to multiple exams being scheduled one after another.....

What did I miss? Right now my thumper, which was shooting great for about 200 rounds after getting back from a check-up at metadyne, is in pieces because it's refusing to fire. I haven't gotten around to getting any more petroleum jelly, and I left my last tub back at my parent's place.

Any updated parts since the v3 ram? I still feel the detente and hammer needs revisions....my aluminum hammer has a pretty deep groove in the striking face forming already.
No updated parts other than the piston. What was it doing before it was in pieces?
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 10-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #7074 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Anyone else having email issues??? I received an email twice after I tried to email them at the sales @ blah, that said your email failed permanently. Now wtf??? And has anyone received a black one lately?
Does it look like this?

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

precise@preciseinnovationsllc.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected precise@preciseinnovationsllc.com (state 14).
I posted that and asked the same on thing Saturday. I have send another mail to him yesterday morning and didn't get the message again but haven't had a reply either. I'm still waiting for mine but the mail wasn't anything to do with the shipping as i am not expecting it for at least a month. Even if it was send the 7th September. I might not place a order with them ever again and it has nothing to do with the thumper or preorder.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #7075 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I called him today and he picked up despite being in a meeting when I did.
Quote:
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #7076 (permalink)
Ieo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
No updated parts other than the piston. What was it doing before it was in pieces?
Sent it in to metadyne two days after originally receiving it because the trigger and pump stroke were sticking everywhere, I couldn't get past 230fps, and it stopped shooting all together after 20 rounds and refused to come apart due to ridiculous tolerances.

Got it back and it shot perfectly for about 200 rounds. Stopped firing again, tore it apart, and haven't put it together since. I was hoping a tear down/cleaning/relube would fix it, but I left my petroleum jelly behing back home and I haven't gotten around to buying more.

After getting it apart, I noticed my hammer shows significant wear after relatively little use. I vote for a SS hammer as well as a re-worked detente (I was having feeding issues when the ball would fall to the side of the breech)
Ieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #7077 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chewy View Post
Does it look like this?

I posted that and asked the same on thing Saturday. I have send another mail to him yesterday morning and didn't get the message again but haven't had a reply either. I'm still waiting for mine but the mail wasn't anything to do with the shipping as i am not expecting it for at least a month. Even if it was send the 7th September. I might not place a order with them ever again and it has nothing to do with the thumper or preorder.
Yep same exact thing. I also sent a new email and no reply. Any one having any luck getting a hold of them? I just want my thumpidy thump!!!!
Extra Gear Sale

Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #7078 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I've been able to get Brian on the phone a couple of times. Last time was 5:00 est time on a tuesday.
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #7079 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I got to talk to Brian at length yesterday, he told me that the anodizer he's using is getting a new shop set up, and thus causing delays. He said he talked with them and that the guy told him that they were getting set on some sort of priority list as soon as they're back up and running.

Thats really the only interesting info I got yesterday, except for what he plans to change when he does Thumper V2.
Quote:
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #7080 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
I got to talk to Brian at length yesterday, he told me that the anodizer he's using is getting a new shop set up, and thus causing delays. He said he talked with them and that the guy told him that they were getting set on some sort of priority list as soon as they're back up and running.

Thats really the only interesting info I got yesterday, except for what he plans to change when he does Thumper V2.
Any ETA on when the parts will be available?
Extra Gear Sale

Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers