mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

You need to tune with the gas you plan on using. CO2 and HPA behave differently.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
You need to tune with the gas you plan on using. CO2 and HPA behave differently.
That is the exact reason I asked the question I did. I noticed when I switch from S.C. to O.C. (O.C. using HPA) I need to make major adjustments to my velocity screw because of the different "properties" between Co2 & HPA.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

A clarification, since this thread is about regulators too...

You can set a regulator with a gauge with either gas. That static pressure will work on either gas as long as you are not "shooting" the CO2 into the regulator.

Also, lower pressure (200-300 psi) CO2 behaves closer to HPA, and you can tune those post regulation parts pretty close together. However, flow through all of the fittings, regulator, and valve interact, so if you are looking for the best settings, you need the same gas.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

What I have in mind is, mount my Male Stabilizer into my Vertical ASA then on the "IN" port of the stabilizer use a 1/8" NPT "nipple" and connect a AGD style ASA and screw my bucket changer into that. This is all just an idea I have to keep my 12 gram vertical so I don't introduce any liquid Co2 into my stabilizer but yet I can still regulate the gas going into the gun. In my mind this is not to attempt to get "more shots" out of my Co2, but to even out the gas so my shots are more consistent. What do you guy's & gals think about this idea?
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
What I have in mind is, mount my Male Stabilizer into my Vertical ASA then on the "IN" port of the stabilizer use a 1/8" NPT "nipple" and connect a AGD style ASA and screw my bucket changer into that. This is all just an idea I have to keep my 12 gram vertical so I don't introduce any liquid Co2 into my stabilizer but yet I can still regulate the gas going into the gun. In my mind this is not to attempt to get "more shots" out of my Co2, but to even out the gas so my shots are more consistent. What do you guy's & gals think about this idea?
I have done worse for less.

You could also use an AGD rail or grip frame ASA, or an RT VASA. I was thinking you mean the AGD VASA with "ears" for the Automag rail.

A "close" nipple is shortest, but with a hex nipple you can get it all apart without the destruction of the nipple threads.

If you are really squeezing, you can put a small piece of brass rod through the nipple to reduce that high-pressure space, reduce piercing surges, and force more gas to metal contact. A close, but loose fit should be good. I really like my regulated 12g pump.

You may (should) need to re-spring for the lower pressure. Idk about the Sterling springs.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers