mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   A book on pump paintball (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/227123-book-pump-paintball.html)

Sherbet 02-24-2013 03:45 PM

A book on pump paintball

The Book on Pump Paintball
Sherbetpaintball@gmail.com

Please tell me what you think of this new book which is freely-available on the web.

Comments, suggestions, ideas, contributions, and any information to add is greatly-appreciated and those submissions be given full credit when added to the book. Photo contributions are especially needed.

brokeass_baller 03-01-2013 12:23 PM

I like it. I haven't read much, but i like it.

astr0xz0mbie 03-06-2013 09:12 AM

good read

Interl0per 03-13-2013 12:47 PM

There's a lot here haven't finished but so far I'm impressed, I think the paintball community can really use a book like this as the pump renaissance continues!

3022 03-28-2013 12:19 PM

Up to now I have read only one chapter, but I think that it is great! Now sorry gentlemans, because I go read again... : -)

RustyTucker 03-28-2013 02:41 PM

Thanks for this. I think many of us are trying to simplify these days, while also being reminded that it's all about the indian, and not so much to do with the arrow.

If you're also into photography you should read this.

James_Blond 03-28-2013 04:13 PM

pretty good overall. I'm most of the way through it. Some old myth/anecdotal type stuff that I'm not so sure about concerning barrels and accuracy due to marker types, but pretty good. But where in the world did the two-piece barrel info come from? Seems awfully fishy to me.

a bit of over generalization about pump accuracy verses semi accuracy. Honestly, my cocker shoots just as accurately as any pump regardless of how fast I shoot. Oh and autotriggering isn't better than a semiauto, helpful at close range yes. It really does suffer in performance over a semiauto.

Slim 03-30-2013 06:20 PM

Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to send you an email with my thoughts.

Slim 03-30-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherbet (Post 2634430)
Comments, suggestions, ideas, contributions, and any information to add is greatly-appreciated

There was so much in this book I felt compelled to respond to. I was in the middle of a lengthy email outlining all sorts of feedback when I got to the end of the book and read this...

"I know not everyone is going to agree with every word in this book. I pretty much laid out all the things pump players should and shouldn't do in an opinionated way. I also made plenty of sweeping generalizations. That's sure to upset certain people. I can only say that such people should play the game more, and maybe create their own intuitions and write their own book.

The information in this book is only verified by me and my experiences and intuition."

Ahhh, I see. OK, never mind. Cheers! LOL!

Interl0per 03-31-2013 03:18 PM

Slim I had the exact same experience :) The main thing is someone has spent the time playing pump and reflecting on how to play the game and presented their thoughts in a readable and well organized way. In that spirit, the only change I would still recommend is putting that disclaimer at the beginning :ROTFL: