mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Need some input on a build....

Hi everyone
I'm considering building a stock class marker. I already have a open class full ccm ans half blocked cocker. But I want a designated stock class marker also. Would I be better off building a phantom or a sniper. I already have a half blocked system x mechanical cocker that I can build into another pump. But how consistent would it be on unregulated co2. Or would I be better off starting from scratch and an building a phantom. Any input would be great.
Thanks James
Thegtwyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The first question is, "are you a Nelson or a Sheridan type of guy?"

I have shot and rebuilt many Nelson based guns that I like, but to me the Phantom is way to light and I don't like the feel of it. That is personal preference. Sheridans simply have a different feel to them that I enjoy more. Both are great platforms with lots of potential, but only you can say what feels good in your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Um cockers were originally pumps ram on unregulated co2. It will perform just fine. But for the absolute best results run 2 Palmer stabilizers and you'll get the most out of your twelveies
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok thanks guys.the only nelson I own is a n empire trracer and I love it, it is on the light side. How many shots do you think I could get from a 12 gram?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Biggest limitation on SC Sheridans is change of the direction of the gas on his path from valve to chamber - it is hard to make here so good flow like in Nelsons, without turbulences or spaces for unefficient expansion. Mainly from this reason are imho the common Sheridans not so efficient like Nelsons where you have straight path from valve to chamber... and comonly they are likewise not so consistent.

Such like limitation is similar in Sterling. There I have such like best result with unregulated C2 on powerlets:

- with pretty bad paint (for details see Sterling CA efficiency tunning ).

With my best PGP I have similar result, only little worse.

Up to now I can get better results with Nelsons - for example this is my tunned old Kingmann New Hammer:

(for details see: Kingmann New Hammer SC efficiency tunning report )

Sheridans and Sterlings looks be simply a lot harder to work when you will have top efficiency and consistency... but it looks not harm the accuracy so bad... and up to now, some Sheridans with hi-tech having record results - for example drg sniper with mQ valve or russc Halfblock sniper with reg.

All depends on the exact marker.... but mainly the decision should be done on that fact whether are you Sheridan or Nelson guy.

Last edited by 3022; 05-25-2013 at 04:04 AM.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumLive999 View Post
Um cockers were originally pumps ram on unregulated co2. It will perform just fine. But for the absolute best results run 2 Palmer stabilizers and you'll get the most out of your twelveies
Two regs are imho extensive overkill. I see not only one reason why should be one reg not enought for pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegtwyo86 View Post
Ok thanks guys.the only nelson I own is a n empire trracer and I love it, it is on the light side. How many shots do you think I could get from a 12 gram?
100? Number of shots says nothing when you do not know the exact velocity. It is like asking runner how many steps he can do.

Last edited by 3022; 05-25-2013 at 04:11 AM.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm want to achieve 285 fps which is the limit at all the fields around me.Ill be under boring my paint. I'm looking at probably going with my cocker. If I do are ccm internals the way to go or are there other or better options out there.
Thanks James
Old 05-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Needs Nerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegtwyo86 View Post
You want stock class and are ignoring the Trracer? I've set mine up for stock class and it's probably the most fun gun I have played with. Grab a BT-10 spring feed tube for roughly $30 and $20 for a 12 gram changer. I used the spring for a while, but I ended up just putting some tape on the inside of the feed block (pics if you want) and now I run it as a cram and jam. With crappy crossmans and about 280 fps I get 35-45 shots on average. This is probably overbore though, I shoot first strike occasionally so my barrels are .960.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBaller View Post
You want stock class and are ignoring the Trracer? I've set mine up for stock class and it's probably the most fun gun I have played with. Grab a BT-10 spring feed tube for roughly $30 and $20 for a 12 gram changer. I used the spring for a while, but I ended up just putting some tape on the inside of the feed block (pics if you want) and now I run it as a cram and jam. With crappy crossmans and about 280 fps I get 35-45 shots on average. This is probably overbore though, I shoot first strike occasionally so my barrels are .960.
Sweet!! thanks man.i was thinking about running a phantom vertical Asa adapter on it or make something like it. And putting a 12 gram bucket charger on it.
That was my other con to getting a phantom was having to get another barrel.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers