mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

That is awesome.
I got an extra Lapco .681 Tightstick for a project just like this. Although I think I'll get the body threaded for WGP barrels instead of rethreading the Tightstick.

So far my PMI Trracer has a .45 grip with wraparounds and a Smart Parts (I think?) P-stock. I'm currently trying to decide wether to go with on-gun air (small HPA tank) or remote, and if I would get any additional stability from using an inline Stabilizer.

Areas of special interest:
|:| Autocockers |:| VM-68 |:| Sterling |:| Phantom |:|
Mugged2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Unfortunately, I don't think SSC would be able to rethread the Tightstick because of the tapered exterior of the barrel. Initially, I wanted to have a Lurker Eigenbarrel rethreaded, but I was told that it couldn't be done due to the taper. That's why I had to use the Phantom barrel.

Speaking of which, SSC has put Trracer threads on a few stock Phantom barrels and they're up for sale right now.

Check them out here- SSC Barrel Sale
Old 09-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well, as I stated, my Tightsticks will not be modded. However, I do think it could be done (in case anyone wants to) since it has a full inch of non-taperedness before the tapering starts, unlíke the lurker barrel.

But hey, thanks for the link! Now I'll just have to decide which course to take...
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

It's not a matter of having the space to cut the Trracer threads, it's that the taper doesn't allow his machinery to hold the barrel properly to do the work. Any cocker threaded barrel is more than thick enough to allow him to rethread it in the same area where the existing cocker threads are after grinding them down, just as he did with my Phantom threaded Lapco.

A plus side of rethreading a barrel instead of the gun is that you won't have to modify the pump handle to fit over the thicker cocker barrels(which aren't all uniform in outer diameter and can cause an annoying gap between the barrel and pump handle) and you'll be able to retain the factory pump stop ring, which is a pretty useful feature.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom menace View Post
It's not a matter of having the space to cut the Trracer threads, it's that the taper doesn't allow his machinery to hold the barrel properly to do the work.
Aha, I see. Well, that complicates matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom menace View Post
A plus side of rethreading a barrel instead of the gun is that you won't have to modify the pump handle to fit over the thicker cocker barrels(which aren't all uniform in outer diameter and can cause an annoying gap between the barrel and pump handle) and you'll be able to retain the factory pump stop ring, which is a pretty useful feature.
Absolutely. If I went the route of having the body rethreaded, I'd also have to bore out the pump handle specifically for the Lapco, which is a shame. I may go with a Phantom barrel in the end, but I'll ponder it some more for good measure.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Any issues with pumping and bolt stick? .. just picked up a $5 trracer .. love these guns..

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Cocker threaded mine and use a Lurker barrel and absolutely adore it now! I did bore out the pump handle and it is a bit loose, but during use you just don't notice.
Tygen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ves206 View Post
Any issues with pumping and bolt stick? .. just picked up a $5 trracer .. love these guns..
No issues with the function of the gun at all. Shoots as well as the day I got it, only with more style now.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers