mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Open Class is the way to go. I like it more than Stock or Semi.

Roll-outs? You just put a few dabs of nail polish inside the barrel where the ball sits. Two or three, evenly spaced. They work sorta like poor-mans Wedgits.

DO make sure that any Maverick/Trracer or Hornet/Tagmaster has the adjustable bolt.

Oh... you'll need an OLD cocker. HIGH PRESSURE valve - new ones are LOW PRESSURE and require a reg OR a new Valve and spring. Figure cost of a Cocker plus 70 (35 for pump kit, another 35 for HP valve)... Or a Maverick for 70 -80 ready to go -- just sayin'
Old 08-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just another thought on having a checklist...

You already have a price point down, so:

1.) Like stated before: Sheridan or Nel-Spot based gun.
2.) Rock-n-cock or direct feed.
3.) 12g or tank (hpa or co2).
4.) Grip style: M-16, .45, 86...

Once you get those figured out, (imho) it'll be a pretty easy choice in which pump guns for you to check out. Other options like: shoulder stock, feeder, regulator, quick change, etc. all either can be figured out after the fact, or will already be taken care of by the choices you've previsouly made.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I suggest posting on your respective regional section to find some local pumpers that might let you try the various styles.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I suggest posting on your respective regional section to find some local pumpers that might let you try the various styles.
Good point ! Pumpers always want to get others infected with their disease !
Thats why he's a mod folks.
He has the brain power.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

First, I would like to thank each and everyone one of you for your useful input. Second I would like to state that I finally made a purchase in which I eBay-ed a used WGP Trilogy Sport with a High pressure CP reg, 3 in. CP drop and on/off ASA for $62. It's not a pump yet, but I intend to buy a pump kit in the near future for it. Perhaps it isn't the best out there, but I've heard of it working well enough and for the price I think it'll give me a good starting point.
Thanks again everyone, the forums here just always seem to have knowledgeable and helpful users.
THATGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by THATGUY View Post
First, I would like to thank each and everyone one of you for your useful input. Second I would like to state that I finally made a purchase in which I eBay-ed a used WGP Trilogy Sport with a High pressure CP reg, 3 in. CP drop and on/off ASA for $62. It's not a pump yet, but I intend to buy a pump kit in the near future for it. Perhaps it isn't the best out there, but I've heard of it working well enough and for the price I think it'll give me a good starting point.
Thanks again everyone, the forums here just always seem to have knowledgeable and helpful users.
PMP has a real nice "made for Trilogy" pump kit.
The cocking rod is pre-bent unlike most other Trilogy compatable pump kits.
And theirs can come with a pump grip too.

PMP Industries - Paintball supplies - Product Detail

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Is there really that much of an advantage to a pump grip? I've seen a few people prefer it, but for almost $20 more is it really worth it?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Not in my opinion. I really dislike the "hitman mod." I'd go with the regular.

Also, Team Hooptie has pump kits for the trilogy, they are 29.99, but it states that they require "permanent removal of the ram housing". Not sure what that really means for your gun (dremel lol?)...
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well, here's a few pictures of the new Trily. Haven't gotten it in yet, but I'm hoping for sooner than later. This'll be my first 'cocker and my first pump so I"ma bit excited to see what it plays like as a semi before adding a pump kit. One of the benefits I liked about the Sniper setup is that it can easily be converted form pump to semi and back again if the fancy suits. So, worse come to worse if I don't like playing pump with it I still scored a new semi for 62 bucks
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

That first pics a bit small...posted the wrong one, so lemme' try that again...oops ><

That should do it.

Thinking I'll go with the
PMP pump kit for the Trilogy without the hitman mod for the time (extra money it costs is really the main turn off at this point) since it doesn't require me to file down or bend anything (which is what the Team Hooptie setup requires). Planning on running a small C02 tank (likely a 3.5 oz) and a 40-50 rnd hopper.
Attached Images

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers