mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Finally tuned superbolt pump

I bought a superbolt last year as a use for my 3k flatline bottle. After getting rid of the parts I didn't like and re-threading the barrel threads, I couldn't get the velocity to be better than +/- 25 fps. With a sweetspotted regulator, how do you know if your reg is over pressuring or if your dump chamber is leaking? After rebuilding the flatline twice, I was changing the springs again and realized I had never changed the valve body o-ring. None of the o-rings that came on the thing worked. After changing out that one, everything is working good finally.

Now I have a chance to hit something on the first shot again!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Nice. I bought one because I heard they made good pumps and found that this is truth!

I put on a DP reg/barrel/asa off an F8, sanchez pump kit, and a 48 ci steelie bottle. Shoots +- 3 and it's super light and very, very smooth.

Best $150 pump(total for gun, pump kit, and accessories) I've ever shot, that's for damn sure!

Mine:
Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like that sanchez kit. I was having trouble finding a mini kit that would let me keep my front block. I wasn't sure I was going to keep the marker, so I've only spent about $45 on new parts and tools that I can't use on something else. As I get more confident with it, I will probably replace my pump kit just for aesthetics.

Someday I may put a smaller tank on the flatline (it's old anyway), but so far I haven't seen a big weight savings with the steel bottles.

I replaced the bolt o-rings because I was getting a lot of blow-by in the feed neck and rubbing inside the body for almost no field time. The originals sat below the surface of the bolt. There's a little more friction now, but it feels smoother.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Here's Mine:
Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hmm..

Is that red dot angled.. or just looking right at the center feed?

Sweet wood grips.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Is that red dot angled.. or just looking right at the center feed?

Sweet wood grips.
The grips were a relief. I'm really used to the grip angle and finger grooves of the old WGP and AGD frames. I was about to trash the whole thing when I realized I could rig an old carbon frame on a cocker. I enjoy it much more now.

The sight is directly behind the feed neck. You have to use both eyes. It's like a cheap armson sight and it works at night as well. At night you can't see much through the lens anyway. If you can sight a shadow, you can usually hit it. If you play with it enough in the daylight, you can adjust for elevation at night pretty easily. It's fun to listen for the impact. It's pretty cheap entertainment, and handy for hunting hide-and-peek muppets behind bunkers.

[I never thought much of the "muppet mowing" phrase until I saw six heads sticking up over a large bunker one day and thought "oh...muppets...". "Muppets" don't shoot back and are very curious.]
Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

is it just standard autococker pump kits that work on these guys and you plug the extra holes and/or you can use the minicocker kits? I'm thinking of picking one of these up locally (comes with a bunch of other goodies needed to get my stock class sniper and 2k1 RF cocker working).
I've heard things about the barrel threading being a little funky too? (i'd just be running a stainless freak back)
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
is it just standard autococker pump kits that work on these guys and you plug the extra holes and/or you can use the minicocker kits? I'm thinking of picking one of these up locally (comes with a bunch of other goodies needed to get my stock class sniper and 2k1 RF cocker working).
I've heard things about the barrel threading being a little funky too? (i'd just be running a stainless freak back)
They need a "2k+ mini cocker" kit. You can plug the lpr hole and re-use the front block or get a kit that comes with a new front block/asa.

My flatline is not very consistent around 400 psi. I was hoping that it would do as well as a regular mag reg, but I think the seat design works better at 600 psi or higher. Anyway, my flatline is why I kept my front block.

I had to tap my barrel threads an extra 1/8" to get any of my after market barrels to sit all the way down in the body. With my consistency problems, I didn't want the ball rolling around inside the breech. Railgun had a similar issue, but I haven't seen any others. Maybe no one else cares.

I ordered a SM pump kit. The set up you see above is just a rig to see if I wanted to keep it as a pump. It's a block of 2x2 oak, an x-acto knife handle and the rod from the stock ram. I'll probably miss my big pump handle.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've had no issues with my barrel threads or consistancy. I'm running a 850 preset through a DP reg, outputs around 550 psi and I swapped some springs around. My SM-1 pump kit is very smooth and fit perfect on the stock front block.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

pbplayerm, what kind of pump kit is that? I've seen them on ebay, just havent seen any info posted about them. what do you think of it? I guess you cant use the dual rod backblock on it because of the weird bolt eh?
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers