mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Mod Mod-a-gain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Unhappy Delrin cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
I'd probably go for a couple. What would delrin cylinders cost?
I'm not interested in making any of those. Sorry.
Mod Mod-a-gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: May 2006

what about an oring in a shallow grove around the cylinder as a detent?

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamoussmiley View Post
what about an oring in a shallow grove around the cylinder as a detent?

Smiley
I always thought one of the cooler features of the 3357 was how the rubber detent on the inside of the cylinder gave the balls backspin like a flatline. If you had the o-ring on the outside of the cylinder, it would probably do the opposite and hook straight down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Ghost848's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Mod-a-gain View Post
I'm waiting on the prototype to be finished and will test several different materials. Oh, and thanks for the thought on the metal hand. I hadn't considered that. ( To focused on just seeing if I could pull the cylinder off.) Guess I might have figured it out in R&D, but now I can just but it into the plans.
I have wanting to do this for a long time just no money and no time to do it. And plus you got the connections . Any way when your proto come off the mill make sure to give us lots of pics and a user reveiw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Do you mean big as in fat or big as in long? I have a nice fat one, but it's only 5 inches long or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff muffin View Post
We need more female advice on MCB, there's too much testosterone sometimes...

Bring her bacon! haha

Whatever you do, be cool and good luck.
Ghost848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Ghost848's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada

How is the milling commin?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Do you mean big as in fat or big as in long? I have a nice fat one, but it's only 5 inches long or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff muffin View Post
We need more female advice on MCB, there's too much testosterone sometimes...

Bring her bacon! haha

Whatever you do, be cool and good luck.
Ghost848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
shadowp68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I always thought one of the cooler features of the 3357 was how the rubber detent on the inside of the cylinder gave the balls backspin like a flatline. If you had the o-ring on the outside of the cylinder, it would probably do the opposite and hook straight down.
I thought it was because the air was coming from the bottom. Wouldn't the detent be stopping it from spining backwards since it is on the bottom of the paintball? Putting the detent on the outside would hold the paintball from the top and then get propelled from the bottom would give more backspin, or is my physics wrong.
shadowp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal
 
BlueFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snobsdale, AZ
Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Might I inquire as to why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Mod-a-gain View Post
I'm not interested in making any of those. Sorry.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowp68 View Post
I thought it was because the air was coming from the bottom. Wouldn't the detent be stopping it from spining backwards since it is on the bottom of the paintball? Putting the detent on the outside would hold the paintball from the top and then get propelled from the bottom would give more backspin, or is my physics wrong.
You're right, I got my 3357 features backwards!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

I'm interested in buying a cylinder or two.I've been planning on drawing up a cylinder in CAD to be made at school, since I go to a nerdy engineering school with a staffed machine shop. I had alot of machining expierence in the past and can tell you the most difficult portion of this project will be the angled grooves on the back of the cylinder. Since they're offset from the drilled holes designing the things is difficult. Let me know how it goes.
SSOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: May 2006

Brian Hindt (on here) had them figured out, and cadded up.

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC