mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Rare, Old Guns (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/)
-   -   Beautiful early model KP2 with Cooper-T bolt and PPS old style feedplug (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/228140-beautiful-early-model-kp2-cooper-t-bolt-pps-old-style-feedplug.html)

ranger steve 03-06-2013 09:31 PM

Beautiful early model KP2 with Cooper-T bolt and PPS old style feedplug

11 Attachment(s)
***SOLD***

Up for sale is my beautiful early model (knurled pump handle) KP2. It has a PPS older style knurled aluminum feedplug (with feed leash), PPS fastchanger, PPS Dynavalve, and a very rare Cooper-T red bolt in excellent condition (it was NOS when I installed it). The hammer has been turned down and lightened a little for increased efficiency.

This is an excellent example of an early run KP2 with period correct aftermarket parts. I installed a new cup seal a year ago. I fired it last week with no problems. Everything works as it should with no leaks.

The only bad things I can think of is the finish around the base of the stock is worn some (see the photos). The stock could use a refinish, but it still looks good. Also, when I fired it last week the 12g cartridge would not eject after unscrewing the fast changer. I lost my valve tool in my move last month and have now way of removing the valve to pop it out.

Here are the photos:

Attachment 38045
Attachment 38046
Attachment 38048
Attachment 38047
Attachment 38049
Attachment 38050
Attachment 38051
Attachment 38052
Attachment 38052
Attachment 38053
Attachment 38054
Attachment 38055

$450 packed/insured/delivery confirmation/shipped

weekendballer 03-06-2013 09:40 PM

Pull the co2 plug out, point the gun down and dry fire it. The pierce pin will hit the co2 and hopefully knock it loose. Atleast that generally works on my old Sheridan. Good luck with your sale she's a beauty.

ranger steve 03-06-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekendballer (Post 2646431)
Pull the co2 plug out, point the gun down and dry fire it. The pierce pin will hit the co2 and hopefully knock it loose. Atleast that generally works on my old Sheridan. Good luck with your sale she's a beauty.

Yeah, I tried that. Thanks for the help though. This happened about a year ago. I pulled the valve and it fell right out. Damn... wish I could find that valve tool - time to go dig in the garage.

ranger steve 03-07-2013 12:13 AM

Also, if you guys need further photos feel free to PM me. I'll text them right to your phone.

Wraith 03-07-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger steve (Post 2646511)
Yeah, I tried that. Thanks for the help though. This happened about a year ago. I pulled the valve and it fell right out. Damn... wish I could find that valve tool - time to go dig in the garage.

Yeah, some time in the last few years, they increased the wall thickness of 12 gram powerlets. The new ones are just a mm or so larger in circumfrence, but it's enough to get sticky in KP's.

Stilgar 03-07-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteout (Post 2646932)
Yeah, some time in the last few years, they increased the wall thickness of 12 gram powerlets. The new ones are just a mm or so larger in circumfrence, but it's enough to get sticky in KP's.

Is there any safe fix to that? Sand paper on a dowel to open up the 12g tube a tiny bit?

ranger steve 03-07-2013 12:06 PM

I also have a Sheridan Parts lot for sale (see my signature). I can combine it with this KP2 and sell both for a reduced price.

Wraith 03-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar (Post 2646939)
Is there any safe fix to that? Sand paper on a dowel to open up the 12g tube a tiny bit?

Dunno. The fix I've seen involved cutting a window into the tube so he could get in with a church key and push it back out, which worked but was structural modification. :(

ranger steve 03-07-2013 04:56 PM

Just to clarify the KP2 is still completely functional. All you need is a valve tool to remove the valve and the 12g will fall out.

Please keep the tech related posts in the tech specific forums. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

splatmaster12 03-07-2013 06:56 PM

Not to clutter up, but it may be a bad face seal. Same thing was happening with my pmi, a new face seal fixed it. Beautiful kp2 by the way, if I didnt have to pay rent it would be mine :rolleyes: