|Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|08-31-2008, 07:26 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Inch of Gold
SMG-60 "Sniper" Package w/Paint
- Like all things in life, posted prices are negotiable. Please contact me via PM with offers below my advertised price, or "market value advice".
- I am primarily interested in cash, however I am willing to entertain trades. I'm very particular, so don't be offended if I say no.
- I accept PayPal or MO, although I much prefer PayPal for convenience and security. PayPal fees are included in the prices I have listed if applicable.
- I will ship via USPS, insured/signature required. Shipping fees are included in the prices I have listed for sales to the lower 48 US states. I will still sell/ship to other buyers however depending on your location there may be a shipping fee increment.
Item 1: Tippmann SMG-60 "Sniper" Package (Serial #MIA) $350
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "Good" Serial number plate is missing. Typical surface rust and corrosion for this model marker, the black finish is mostly intact (~90%). Rear cap is drilled for homebrew RVA. The slip-on front sight has a rough crack in it (see below).
Functional - "Very Good" I've aired this up, there are no leaks and it fires and cycles properly in single and full-auto. Clips appear to index properly and the magazine spring is springy. May need a new main spring to chrono at legal speeds, although I have not fired paint through the marker so I cannot confirm.
Points of interest about this item:
- Bought this to get converted to an SMG-55, which then didn't happen..held onto it hoping the Xtra run of .62 would get made, which then didn't happen..held onto it planning to conver it to .50..which I haven't gotten around to doing. In the meantime, I bought an SMG-68; so that fact coupled with having too many projects already means it's time to go to a new home.
- "Sniper" model; long barrel and 20 round (4 clip) magazine
- Semi (half-pull) or Full-Auto (pull-hold) trigger. Set screw lockout accessible in frame for semi-only play
- Includes 76 stripper clips
- Includes sling w/keepers (forearm and grip swivel holes are intact) and ammo catcher.
- Homebrew Rear Velocity Adjuster with lockdown nuts.
- Front site had cracked and fallen off when the marker was shipped to me. I Krazy glued it back together, which had the upside of making it a much more snug fit and unlikely to fall off in the future (but still adjustable and removable), and the downside of leaving a bit of a scar on the underside of the site. See picture below.
- Includes 750 rounds of 0.62 paint. I believe this is from the BGNW run, it appears to be in good shape and is a snug fit into the clips but it does fit. I have not tried to fire any of it as the plan was to convert the gun to a production caliber. Note: Paint is all unbroken and in good shape. I will pack it to the best of my ability but it will be shipped in the same container as the marker.
"Glue scar" on front sight
Last edited by Mayvik; 09-20-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: New Price
|09-16-2008, 02:19 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Inch of Gold
You see it come up from time to time but pretty much the answer is no, unless you want to fork out $500k to get a paint manufacturer to do a run. There have been a couple failed attempts to get small paint companies to make it in the past year or two on here, but the company tends to go bankrupt before it ever happens.
It's possible to convert these to shoot .50 cal paint which is readily available. You basically need to have a press-fit sleeve (.625 OD tubing turned down to fit, and .50 ID flexhoned out with a 50 cal handgun flexhone or 1/2" brake hone) made for the barrel, and mini-sleeves made for the clips (or alternately you can try to get new clips made by a plastic molder or someone with a CnC mill, but that's more expensive). I had planned to convert this one, but I just have too damn many project guns right now and bought an SMG-68 so I figured I'd let this go.
|09-18-2008, 02:27 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Inch of Gold
The first time I shot it I almost dropped it out of surprise. They really jump around, and put out a super cool cloud of CO2 too. Definitely cool and not something you get shooting most markers.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|