mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy68 View Post
Those cooper t expansion tanks might be Gonzo's ANTI expansion tanks!
The sale does originate in MD, so you might be right. I'd never heard of the system. But, if it does work... then thats pretty cool.

I'd never had a problem myself. In sub 80 weather, I'd play normal, and my gun would stay liquid all day. In 80+ weather, I'd frost up the gun. For rec play, I'd sacrifice a few ounces of the 20oz. For tournaments, I'd sacrifice a seperate 7oz just for that purpose.

I'm not really sure how the Gonzo system works. How would it be any different then having a 20oz running vertical?

Quote:
I am looking for a vertical ASA for a Mega-Z anyone have an extra?
You might have luck at baccipaintball.com (or with the winner of this auction). But another alternative are generic AGD vert adapters. They bolt in. Its not a perfect fit, but I've been using them on some of my guns for many, many years.

For the 45-adapters, I never liked mine. You had to use shims to get them to fit properly, and even then, it never worked right for me. They should have used a collet like you see on Gas-thru stocks. Even if you find one, CooperT (who made them) has passed, and I'm not sure where you will find the shims.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thank you,

How about sears? I was going to make one but if I could just locate a now one it might be easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
The sale does originate in MD, so you might be right. I'd never heard of the system. But, if it does work... then thats pretty cool.

I'd never had a problem myself. In sub 80 weather, I'd play normal, and my gun would stay liquid all day. In 80+ weather, I'd frost up the gun. For rec play, I'd sacrifice a few ounces of the 20oz. For tournaments, I'd sacrifice a seperate 7oz just for that purpose.

I'm not really sure how the Gonzo system works. How would it be any different then having a 20oz running vertical?

You might have luck at baccipaintball.com (or with the winner of this auction). But another alternative are generic AGD vert adapters. They bolt in. Its not a perfect fit, but I've been using them on some of my guns for many, many years.

For the 45-adapters, I never liked mine. You had to use shims to get them to fit properly, and even then, it never worked right for me. They should have used a collet like you see on Gas-thru stocks. Even if you find one, CooperT (who made them) has passed, and I'm not sure where you will find the shims.
Eric Engler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Engler View Post
Thank you,

How about sears? I was going to make one but if I could just locate a now one it might be easier?
If you do make one, you need to get it hardened. It can be an expensive process to make a single part.

Note: Bacci does have replacement used sears for $5. Not a bad deal at all.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

nope not a bad deal,

but I can handle the heat treating too :-)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I have a 45 adapter with the shims that I can spare. Checked through the old parts box for sears and vert adapters, but don't have any that aren't currently attached to markers.

Feedback
tarakian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
I have a 45 adapter with the shims that I can spare. Checked through the old parts box for sears and vert adapters, but don't have any that aren't currently attached to markers.
I'll take it... Please send me an email at information@englerpaintballguns.com to setup payment.

thanks!

--Eric

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old