mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Redux (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/redux/)
-   -   Spring combo's? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/redux/100404-spring-combos.html)

EDDAKA 11-29-2009 08:45 PM

Spring combo's?

Hey fellow dux'rs,

Anybody tweak around with any special dux spring combo's? I've had some horrid efficiency(like 12-15 shots before dropoff in 80 degree weather.) lately and would like to try a new spring combo.

What springs does mongo use? The valve spring is smaller than a standard phantom one.

Would it be advisable to try and use phantom springs to get velocity, or should I go with the cocker route? Any ideas? :)

DSA 11-29-2009 09:47 PM

Springs are a regional thing what works well here in TX didn't in NJ. Just grab a cold one and head out back..... and have fun.

EDDAKA 11-30-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSA (Post 1067896)
Springs are a regional thing what works well here in TX didn't in NJ. Just grab a cold one and head out back..... and have fun.

Well i live in texas...:p

I just wanna know if anyone has tried phantom springs or cocker ones.

spud01 11-30-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDDAKA (Post 1068088)
Well i live in texas...:p

I just wanna know if anyone has tried phantom springs or cocker ones.

phantom springs work fine. dont remember what combo im using. its been awhile.

DSA 11-30-2009 02:09 AM

Phantom Spring Sets are just about all that is out there now.

DSA 12-01-2009 02:01 PM

Remember my Redux works best at 270 fps. Anythere in that range will give you the best shot ratio. If I am shooting 280-300 I would be lucky to get 30 shots out of a 12gram. ED you have to understand humidity play a huge role here in Lubbock its bone dry as opposed to Big D where you feel wet all day.

mOngo 12-02-2009 12:44 PM

Re-springing the 'Dux

Try the stainless steel "Maddman" nelson/cocker spring set- available online The Phantom springs I have found are ok- but the mainsprings are a little short..... The CCI valve springs work fine- I played around with springs for 13 hours one Sunday! and found that these "maddman" springs work VERY well. The Redux is shipped with springs from "B&M Paintball" that I got from Ken Kidd in Hawaii- these are what Earon and Ken used back in the day- for what, I'm not quite sure. All of the green mainsprings and yellow valve springs were gone! the box had about 250 of each spring in it, minus the above mentioned. I ordered replacements for the two springs from Century Spring- but they, of course were not "colored"........ Mongo

EDDAKA 11-21-2011 05:02 PM

I need to bump this thread. I'm still having efficiency issues.

I've have 3 mongo redux powertubes, 3 lapco cupseals, 3 cci cupseals, and a full madmann autococker spring set. I also have a CCI spring set.

I tried the above spring combo (red main, blue valve) and the gun would cock without air and would get terrible efficiency.

Anybody got any other combos I should try?

-Richard.

DSA 11-21-2011 06:05 PM

Red and Yellow is always my go to combo when I can't get it up!

EDDAKA 11-21-2011 06:07 PM

Which kit are the red and yellow from? I don't believe madmann has a yellow valve spring.