mcarterbrown.com

Redux Home of the Redux

Old 03-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Took it out for another open play game today with great success. Scored at least 2 eliminations per game while firing about 15 shots a game. I am very pleased with it!

The first game of the day, I had flanked a guy and had a clear shot on him. I was laying down and popped him dead center in the chest. He jerked back and looked around and ducked back behind a bunker and I thought he was wiping on me. After I yelled to him that he was out he saw me and threw a string my way and tagged me on the shoulder. I walked straight over to him (slightly agitated) and he was standing there showing me that it didn't break. Bummer. Lesson learned I guess.

I never got out the rest of the day and racked up 10 kills with 75 rounds fired. I had a great group of renters on my side including a cool little dude in BDUs that came to play instead of hide. We worked well together and they would lay down fire to suppress while I ran up into position. After we'd clear an area we'd keep up the advance. We routed the other team and chased them a couple of games to the point where the last few players on their side were eliminated where my team started from. I had one really nice shot that was probably more luck than anything. I saw a guy jogging to a bunker about 30 yards away and lobbed a shot to where I figured he'd be when the ball got there and nailed him. He was the third shot in a row that I took that were all hits. The guy standing next to me said it was more of a sniper rifle than a pistol.

It gots lots of looks and attention today and after one of the games, one of the guys I tagged said he was going to "go on eBay when I get home and buy one. I'm sold!" Broke his heart a little when I explained the rarity and the sticker price.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Took it out for another open play game today with great success. Scored at least 2 eliminations per game while firing about 15 shots a game. I am very pleased with it!

The first game of the day, I had flanked a guy and had a clear shot on him. I was laying down and popped him dead center in the chest. He jerked back and looked around and ducked back behind a bunker and I thought he was wiping on me. After I yelled to him that he was out he saw me and threw a string my way and tagged me on the shoulder. I walked straight over to him (slightly agitated) and he was standing there showing me that it didn't break. Bummer. Lesson learned I guess.

I never got out the rest of the day and racked up 10 kills with 75 rounds fired. I had a great group of renters on my side including a cool little dude in BDUs that came to play instead of hide. We worked well together and they would lay down fire to suppress while I ran up into position. After we'd clear an area we'd keep up the advance. We routed the other team and chased them a couple of games to the point where the last few players on their side were eliminated where my team started from. I had one really nice shot that was probably more luck than anything. I saw a guy jogging to a bunker about 30 yards away and lobbed a shot to where I figured he'd be when the ball got there and nailed him. He was the third shot in a row that I took that were all hits. The guy standing next to me said it was more of a sniper rifle than a pistol.

It gots lots of looks and attention today and after one of the games, one of the guys I tagged said he was going to "go on eBay when I get home and buy one. I'm sold!" Broke his heart a little when I explained the rarity and the sticker price.

Sounds like you had a heck of a time

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Played yesterday with the dux and had some issues. I went to Xtreme paintball in Millstadt, IL and this was my second time playing there and the first time was a big game were they they opened up the whole area. As such I wasn't familiar with the fields so flanking and getting into those sweet spots was tough. I got a couple kills including a shot to the junk on an unsuspecting guy who didn't see me from 30 yards. I bought a countour roam2 and took it out with me and I've got a lot of footage to go through but here is the first video I put together:

Castle assault with a Redux at Xtreme Paintball - Millstadt, IL - YouTube

In this vid you can see a major goof up. During the tuning I've been doing I'd been removing the feed cap when I was done shooting and there was paint left to pour it back out into a tube. Well apparently it became loose and when I inserted a 10 rounder a little too deep during a reload, I pulled off the cap. When I aimed, all the paint came rushing back at me. Luckily the cap was still on the tube in my cargo pocket.

The second mistake of the day was a quasi-double pump, more like a pump and a half. I felt the slide bind as I was bringing the pump forward as one ball was in the insert and the other had got into the pinch zone. Thankfully to the new design it didn't pinch the ball and I was able to tilt the gun and roll the second ball back up to the feed. Disaster averted, at that point...

However, I was getting near the end if a 12g and in a pretty good battle so I decided to change before making a move. I vented the rest of the 12g and it got stuck in the gun. So stuck that I had to leave the field and take it apart to get it out. The pierce seal looked like it had swelled up and was creeping up over the pierce pin assembly and capturing the 12g. I pushed the seal back into plance but the next 12g in the gun leaked but it did appear to seal on another 12ie. I met up with sniper97 at the field and he tried out the gun in the next game. However, he had some trouble getting more than a few shots off so we suspect its still leaking. Off to order some more seals from Mike tomorrow. I've been wanting to grab some extra jet sets and other essentials anyway.

I'm going through the other footage I have which includes a gog shot I scored and a shot right on my camera lense from a Total Grief member. Psst...those guys are really good!

Last edited by Manning; 04-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Awesome vid man! Thanks for posting... I'm all stoked to get the Dux back out onto the field now!

Also I love seeing how people shoot their's differently; I notice you shoot it like a pistol and not a pump - holding the slide like a pump handle when shooting. I know it's been discussed before in here, but it's just neat to see the different styles of play. I don't think I'd be able to shoot R015 like that though due to the original trigger design; when pulling the trigger the slide is pulled back slightly (~1/4in) which severely effects velocity fluctuation if not held forward. When I hold it like a regular pump (which feels more natural feeling to me anyways) I see a significant increase in consistency (with all the right conditions - paint quality, bore match, temperatures, ROF, etc - I've seen +/- 4fps fluctuations or better on shots 3 thru about 18 on a 12ie which is pretty darn good if you ask me).

Anyways, just figured I'd say thanks for the video post... I wish there were more Redux vids. I'll have to get some of mine edited some day and posted.
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

VOTE SLIM A:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ote-slims.html

Last edited by short304; 04-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Thanks. I haven't shot an original but the trigger on this is nice with a snappy break. I agree on the redux vids comment too. Hopefully I'll have more up soon.

Last edited by Manning; 04-09-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

I've been playing around w/ the idea of selling my Contour HD 1080 cuz I have to free up some funds right now for some house projects and cuz I only ever use it at bigger games (and the last one I went to I left it home ), but I know that I'd just regret it; seeing your video confirmed that for me... it's nice to have around for the memories!
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

VOTE SLIM A:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ote-slims.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Damn cool video. I just love seeing the Redux in action. How do you like your gauntlet?

BTWi just realized I didn't send you your trigger Short crap pm me your addy again.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I love the gauntlet. This was my second day playing with it. I kept a tube or two in my cargo pocket as backup just in case but didn't really need them.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Mash up from the rest of last weekend's games. Took a shot directly on the camera lense at the end. Contour held up just fine.

Had a 30 yard or so shot on a guy in the junk that I didn't capture due to the camera placement.

http://youtu.be/ABZ5iIw9fnw

Last edited by Manning; 04-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Link to vid was broken for some reason. Fixed.

Got all my parts from Mike and looking forward to playing at SPE with it. Any other Reduxes going to be there?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Redux