mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Longbow barrel threads are too tight . I wasn't going to force the barrel in . Plus I checked to see much of a gap there was between the barrel and foregrip once the bushings were removed and that didn't impress me either . So it's a no go with the Titanium Industries A/C threaded Longbow barrel .

I'm not too dissapointed though . When I first got the Garg in , I made a quick caliper check of the stock barrel and got a measurement of .682-.683ish which is good for the field paint around my area.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
is the stock barrel that tight i didn't know mike made them in that small a bore.

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yep , just double checked and measured .684 at the breach and .693 at the tip . IMO a little taper in the bore is a good thing as it allows for the paintball to expand while being pushed by the gas . I've been shooting some Draxxus paint I sized at .681 with a barrel kit and it's shooting straight .
Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bigger Balls

Phantom bushings are 7/8" ID, AC are 1" ID. Why have a list?

As for the barrel not threading in all of the way, figure out what's actually blocking it. I did notice that the clearance cut for the barrel on mine was off the axis by 15-20 thou, but this was carried over into the removable block so I don't think it would cause such a problem; this indicated to me that the body and block are finished as one...pretty cool.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

As for the barrel not threading in all of the way, figure out what's actually blocking it.
The list is to see what barrels actually fit good . So far , from reading all the posts above , this list could save new customers some headaches down the road since it was pointed out that many barrels are contoured which doesn't go to well with the bushings. Not every customer is going to know how to or want to gage their markers , size threads or any other type of custom fit work .

My Longbow thread OD's are slightly oversized . Maybe a tighter class fit , maybe loose tolerances , maybe poor qc . I'm not going to sweat it . The backs I have were tight threading into a mag body also , but they fit the mag, which is what I bought that kit for anyway.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siress View Post
I don't think I've seen one manufacturer give the OD on their barrel so how am I supposed to know which barrel has what OD without already having bought one and measuring it myself? Also, from the looks of it several manufacturer's thread specs are not compliant with those on the Gargoyle. I've seen this with my CCM kit. Finally, with splattttt saying he used a DW barrel I assumed if I purchased a new one it would work as well. Thanks to tacolex for pointing out that the aluminum mount is longer on the new ones meaning they will not work either. Just saved me $200... I think this is the first thread on MCB that has saved me money.
Angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Speaking of the bushings, has anyone tried using a Python kit in their Gargoyle? Will the autococker bushings work?

And if so, could I order just one autococker bushing?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

RTP Fan
I used a Python kit, from what I remember it was short enough that you didn't need to change the bushings.
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I just tried putting a cocker Python on mine yesterday when I was cleaning the gun. It's too long and hits the back bushing, however if you remove the back bushing it may work.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Really? That's weird, mine worked fine when I had it. Wait are you using phantom bushings?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR