mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Will paintball for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Actually I have his Gargoyle!
I'll buy it. We don't have to tell him

Also if I had 1500 I'd buy a 50 Cal desert eagle. That's just me.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I don't know if you could afford it!
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

i dont follow a lot of rtr threads but id like a garg eventually.
w/ the demand there seams to be isnt it worth producing more?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
i dont follow a lot of rtr threads but id like a garg eventually.
w/ the demand there seams to be isnt it worth producing more?
Yes and RTR plans on it, but time is the limiting factor.
TF

Old 02-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Since Splattttttt insists with a WTF? I will chime in.

A quick down and dirty detail lacking history of the evolution of the Gargoyle.

Many….many years ago I started designing a gun now called the Gargoyle. Over ten years of planning and thought. What most only saw when it became available was what you perceive as something that took place rather fast. I can assure you that it did not. Even on our very own MCB someone posted "How did you get this done so fast?"

There was a long period of time that passed before I was able to speak with Earon Carter in person and not over the phone while he was in Hawaii. I asked for his blessing to create my own gun as I did not want to become enemies because I would now technically be a competitor within the industry. He gave me the go ahead and I went into full gear.

Searching for machine shops over and over. Getting no after no after no.

Then one day I called Decker Machine and the owner and now good friend said he would look at the design once more. I had high hopes. A week or so passed and I was pretty confident that he would make it. Was I right? NO. But I had a backup plan. I asked him if he would make only the trigger portion so I could get something nice out to the Phantom owners out there. He agreed and it all started. Over time he got more involved and said "Well, what if we just make this also". Of course I agreed. This repeated itself over and over until finally it became the entire gun minus the Phantom parts. Folks, three years later the gun was done. That's at least thirteen years in the making.

One thing to keep in mind, as many of you do, this was done with a budget of zero. I began to save like a madman as parts were made. And Scott, the owner of the shop, was above and beyond patient in that respect. I paid him as I could as often as I could and as much as I could. All feeds gates paid, zero money, start saving. All feed tubes paid, zero money, start saving. All grip frames paid, zero money, start saving. Over and over again.

Then when the guns were ready (The first batch) I sold them here and there and paid him again. Still owing for the bodies and miscellaneous parts that remained machined but unfinished. It took a long time to finally pay him in full. I cannot tell you how much Scott and his workers bent over backwards to get my design to you guys. For the record, Scott said no three times over a period of years and finally took the risk and burdened his shop in sketchy economic times while the shop had other more lucrative jobs to worry about.

So, all that put out there, please understand that I am not a corporation nor more than one person. I am not going away and there is one very important reason for this. Most of you know that I do not sell anything unless it is ready or darn close. I do not do side jobs for those who have asked and I am as polite as possible when turning them down and each and every person that has asked has been very kind and understanding when I do. As much as I would love to do some things for people, I would rather I keep honest and provide products when I can than promise something that I cannot.

I want to keep things close to home so I can insure products go out that I know are up to par. So, machine shops being limited on time available, I have to wait until something happens. In the mean time I continue with new product ideas and will make them as I can as quickly as I can as factors allow me to.

Don't think for a second that I do not enjoy getting cool things to you guys. And also don't think for that same second that I do not stress when I cannot. I have invested more money than you think and I say that not to brag but to convey to you that things take time and money, but when both are limited (Or in the negative) it takes awhile to recoup and continue on.

I think the cost factor has been validated by current owners of the Gargoyles but I feel obligated to say that these things cost much more than your average gun. Extremely small runs and a difficult design to manufacture is what that is all about. I am grateful for the owners and cannot say enough as to how happy I am that the design actually worked out as I had planned it. The cost is what it is because it has to be.

So, In closing.

I still have every intention of making more. I will always post in advance when they are about to rise again and I will always post on MCB.
Here...
TF

Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

thanks worrpt. when was that?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
A few weeks ago...
TF

Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
With the number of VERY nice Carter's and other custom SC guns going up for sale in the past 2 weeks, I'm holding onto hope that I'll be able to pick up a Gargoyle soon. There have been so many guns I have wanted to pull the trigger on lately, but I'm holding out.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Not this weekend, but try back next weekend.
TF

Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

To anyone looking... it is simple.. Post up a WTB.. If the price is right, one of us may come forward.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr

Last edited by shadow_772; 03-03-2012 at 05:38 PM.
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR