mcarterbrown.com  

Rubber Duckies Rubber Duckies Pump Team

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
You guys think you will make it to the Gravity League Event April 23rd?
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Not totally sure. Probably. We gotta figure out our schedule. I know I've got 4 games in the next 5 weeks. Season is getting busy already.
My Collection
feedback
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Are you guys based out of Upstate NY? I am looking to join a team and do some bigger events and hit some new fields in the area. I play pump 99% the time so I am definetly down for some pump competitions. Local teams are always young kids and usually don't last more than a few months, I am looking for a mature and respectable group to join.

My local field is Adrenaline Zone Paintball in West Oneonta, its a great field, part of why I haven't tried many other places out, I am spoiled there, its a nice fascility. They haven't released their schedule yet but I will post up when they will be having Scenarios.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah, we are mostly based all around Albany. I live in Saratoga as the northernmost member and some of the guys live a bit south of Albany. We have a couple in CT too. We play mostly pump but some of us (like me) like the old mech semis too.
We play lots of scenarios at our local fields, Hornet's Nest in Ancramdale, High Energy in Amsterdam, Albany Scenario Club in Nassau, PSI near New Paltz. We travel a lot to, been to games in CT and Mass as well as EMR. When we travel we are usually with a couple other teams from the area and we all play under the 518 banner as a large group. There will be probably 30-35 people under the 518 at West Point this weekend.
Some of us like airball too, a few just went to Huntington Beach to play NPPL pump last weekend as part of Upstate Hate. I love to travel to CT for the Gravity League limited paint pump tourny, those are always fun.

I didn't know there was a nice field in Oneonta, I'd love to come check it out sometime. I can try to drag more of the 518 along with me.
My Collection
feedback
Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
As far as mature and respectable, we are older (mostly 25+) and people respect us, but we are definitely not mature. We are known for or hard partying, off the wall antics.
My Collection
feedback
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Well, by mature I mean not 14yr old brats playing on mommy and daddys money. I am 27 and am generally surrounded by kids when I play, which is no big deal at my local field as I am very well respected there, they look out for "that guy w/ the pump". I don't mind some immaturity when it is used properly, I am far from primm and propper.

Adrenaline Zone is a great field, the owner is a good friend of mine and a great guy. His prices are very fair, he actually does several charity events for local schools thru the year. The staging area is a large pavillion with a bunch of picnic tables located in the middle of all the fields. I have been to a few other fields locally, but compared to AZP, they are not even worth bothering with. The field gets better every year.

I have been wanting to hit up a Gravity League game, they sound like a blast. I just got news that my SPE trip is not happening this year, so I am looking for another event to kickstart my year off.

I'm a 607, like John "Bones" Jones.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah the prices at that field are really good. They must get a decent turnout of players to have them that low. Some of the ones around here are struggling a bit. There just seems to not be as many players as years past and I feel a couple fields may be going away soon unfortunately.

When I started a couple years ago there were barely any pumps around, now the area is flooded with them, we've had games of 50 people where almost half were playing pump. In fact I've been playing semi a lot because my pumps are always lent out. My nicest gun has been used by others more times than me.

Year off? Damn I'm 27 too and I gotta work all the time to support my paintball habit. But I tend to find something to play every week so that's part of it.

We've got at least one Duckies team and at least one other from the area heading to the grav league this time around. I know there is an orphan thread for people looking to put together teams. We will have a decent showing at pump pandemonium this year too. I was the lone Duck there last year.
My Collection
feedback
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
AZP gets pretty decent turnouts, the last couple years Open Play days have been the busiest, it seems like people are either busy or scared to show up for the scenarios, the last few didn't have such great turnouts.

Main reason the prices are good is because the owner does it as a 2nd job/hobby, it is not his main source of income, so he isn't trying to make as much as possible from the players, he is also just a good guy who realizes people don't have a ton of $ to throw around.

I haven't taken a "Year Off" I just mean I haven't played yet this year as the season hasn't started yet really. If I take a year off, it would shock me because I have a hard enough time not shooting someone for a month. I try to play a couple times a month, but my playtime varies, sometimes its every weekend, sometimes its every other month, my summers are jam packed because I don't like to waste nice days being lazy and watching TV or playing xbox, that's what winter is for.

I had to miss last years PP due to other plans, but this year I will be there for sure. I will keep my eye on this section for events you guys will be attending and let you know when AZP has events, we would love to see some new faces on the field. I am starting to sway some other local players to play pump, its catching on slowly but many still think I am silly for using one, but I hold my own, they definetly don't underestimate me due to my choice of marker.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
i know around here the fields definitely aren't around to make money, the owners are paying out of their own pockets to keep them going. I suppose overhead costs and stuff all factor into it.

Well for this month it looks like West Point this weekend, the Gravity League the 23rd and a scenario at High energy in Amsterdam the 30th. The games there aren't too big, but the field is really unique and intense with all its buildings and bunkers. Probably my favorite field to play.

Next month on the 28th we are hosting a scenario at the Hornets Nest, Boondock Saints based. We occasionally host games there as it's our home field.
The 14th there's a scenario at Albany Scenario Club. They have probably the biggest turnout in the area with games reaching up to 150+ player sometimes. Part of this is due to their BYOP policy and may be part of why other fields are hurting.
There's also a stock class only game being held the 21st in Waterbury, CT I'd like to attend. I've never has the chance to play stock class only before. Not sure how many I'll get to come with me.
My Collection
feedback
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I'm a 607, like John "Bones" Jones.
Haha, I play for the 518th, live in the 845 and have "607" tattood on my arm!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Rubber Duckies